Dr. William Washburn is a general surgeon practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Washburn specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Washburn provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1988
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Surgical treatment of an extrarenal pseudoaneurysm after kidney transplantation.
- Center-based differences in liver quality: why do they exist?
- TGF-β1 promotes acinar to ductal metaplasia of human pancreatic acinar cells.
- Aggressive surgical resection for cholangiocarcinoma.
- Liver transplantation with incidental gallbladder carcinoma in the recipient hepatectomy.
- Hepatitis C viral infection in liver transplantation.
- Graft function and outcome of older (> or = 60 years) donor livers.
- Primary malignant melanoma of the biliary tract.
- Percutaneous venovenous bypass in orthotopic liver transplantation.
- Liver transplantation for adult polycystic liver disease.
- Transplant Surgery
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, General Surgery
- Tufts University Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. William K. Washburn MD's Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
COLUMBUS, OH 43210Get Direction
Dr. William K. Washburn MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Washburn
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- What Happens During an Appendectomy?
When the appendix experiences an infection, it becomes swollen and causes a lot of pain. It is necessary to undergo a surgical operation to remove this appendix that causes the discomfort. Functions of this organ called the appendix are not very clear, it is vestigial and, as such, its removal is...
- What Are the Risks to Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement surgery is a medical procedure that is aimed to treat a knee joint that has been damaged due to arthritis or other complications. Arthritis is a condition that results from the breakdown of joint cartilage plus the underlying bone. Knee replacement surgery is used when other means...
- Reasons Why You Need an Adenoidectomy
Having a sore throat is a common condition and anyone can be affected by it. One cause of a sore throat is tonsillitis (inflammation of the tonsils). However, apart from tonsils, there are also adenoids, which are found at the back of the pharynx. Adenoids can also be affected and can cause a series...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
To start you off, an appendectomy is a procedure to remove the appendix. if it is inflamed or if it ruptures. The appendix is a small, almost cylindrical organ that is attached to the large intestines. When the appendix becomes inflamed, it has to be removed immediately and this is usually done...
- Dr. Peter Learn MD2200 Bergquist Dr Lackland TX 78236
- Mr. Oscar Ochoa MD9635 HUEBNER ROAD SAN ANTONIO TX 78240
- Dr. Delio Ortegon M.D.4910 Golden Quail San Antonio TX 78240
- Dr. Preston F Foster M.D.8201 Ewing Halsell Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Mr. Jose Luis Almeda M.D.4502 Medical Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Juan M Palma-vargas MD8201 Ewing Halsell Dr San Antonio TX 78229