Dr. Vivian Costa is a speech language pathologist practicing in GOLDSBORO, NC. Dr. Costa specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Costa evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Costa helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Vivian C Costa's Practice location
GOLDSBORO, NC 27530Get Direction
Vivian C Costa's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Mrs. Penelope Boyette Ragan SLP205 GLEN OAK DR GOLDSBORO NC 27534
- Julia A Lowe509 N BRIGHTLEAF BLVD SMITHFIELD NC 27577
- Christy M Stephenson509 N BRIGHTLEAF BLVD SMITHFIELD NC 27577
- Shaunita Woods CCC-SLP114 GLAVINE CT PIKEVILLE NC 27863
- Mrs. Sonya F Rose MS,CCC-SLP429 NC HIGHWAY 55 E MOUNT OLIVE NC 28365
- Mrs. Mary Elizabeth Bishop M.ED., CCC4463 Fencer Rd Colorado Springs CO 80911