Melissa Evans is an acupuncturist practicing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Dr. Evans evaluates and treats patients based on the concepts of oriental medicine. Acupuncturists complete their evaluations by getting a patient history and looking at and touching the body. Then, they place very fine acupuncture needles into specific points on the body. Stimulating these points and nerves is how Dr. Evans treats the patients condition. Many of the bodys systems respond to acupuncture, and it can treat physical pain as well as emotional stress.
Melissa Evans AP / DOM's Practice location
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Get Direction
Melissa Evans AP / DOM's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect While Undergoing an Acupuncture
Before having your first acupuncture treatment, there are numerous things you should keep in mind. Most acupuncture points are situated on the legs and lower arms, so it’s important to wear clothes that will allow easy access to such areas. Moreover, avoid going for treatment while hungry or right...
- Latest Acupuncture Techniques Show Improvement in Fibromyalgia
IntroductionFibromyalgia is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body. Scientists have no exact cause of fibromyalgia, but it is often thought to be related to the following conditions:...
- Acupuncture for Weight Loss
Weight control is a multi-faceted problem and a functional program that involves stress reduction, diet, and exercise techniques. Chinese acupuncture and exercises for better digestion are also helpful means in the struggle with weight loss.Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese medicine practice that...
- Is Acupuncture a Holistic Treatment?
The holistic theory of acupuncture derives its basis from the patterns of energy that flows across the body. During a healthy state, energy travels freely through a network of channels in the body. These channels are often referred to as meridians. Such disruptions are responsible for the occurrence...
- How to Use Acupuncture to Treat IBS
Irritable bowel syndrome is also referred to as mucous colitis or spastic colon. It’s labeled a syndrome since it involves multiple symptoms that vary from each person who is affected. It’s a mobility disorder of the large and small intestines. IBS-related symptoms include constipation,...
- How Is Acupuncture Used to Treat Crohn's Disease?
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition, which causes persistent inflammation of the patient’s intestinal tract, right from the mouth to rectum. This condition can develop anywhere in the intestines, usually in sites surrounded by healthy tissues, and can gradually spread deeper into the...
- Dr. Isaac Goren A.P.3475 Sheridan St. Hollywood FL 33021
- Mario Marini LIC ACUPUNCTURIST3730 Inverrary Dr APT H-1G Lauderhill FL 33319
- David Suomela D.O.M., A.P.1566 S.E. 3rd Ct. Deerfield Beach FL 33441
- Dr. Rodney Dunetz AP,DOM500 Ne Spanish River Blvd Boca Raton FL 33431
- Scott Denny AP, DOM2215 S. University Drive Davie Florida 33324
- Ms. Danielle F Defreitas O.M.1437 Lehigh Pkwy S Allentown PA 18103