Dr. Dennis R. Scheppers M.D.
Family Practitioner3-3420 Kuhio Hwy Suite B Lihue HI, 96766
Dr. Dennis Scheppers is a family practitioner practicing in Lihue, HI. Dr. Scheppers specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Scheppers possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1980
Universidad AutÛnoma de Guadalajara Facultad de Medicina
- Southside Med Ctr, Family Practice Prince George'S Hosp Ctr, Family Practice
- NSLIJHS/Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine at Southside Hospital Program
Dr. Dennis R. Scheppers M.D.'s Practice location
Lihue, HI 96766Get Direction
Dr. Dennis R. Scheppers M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scheppers
- Lyme Disease: Making a Diagnosis
Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by four different species of bacteria. In Europe and Asia, it spreads through Borrelia afzelii and Borrelia garinii, while in the USA, it spreads through Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia mayonii. The disease is transmitted to humans via a common...
- Is Tonsillitis Contagious?
What is tonsillitis?Tonsils are two glands located at the back of the throat and can be seen through the mouth. These glands help prevent infections from developing in the body. Tonsillitis happens when the tonsils become inflamed or infected by viruses or bacteria. Tonsillitis is a common...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- What Is Asthma: Get the Facts
Asthma is a lung condition where the lung bronchioles constrict and get filled with mucus, narrowing the passage for air to pass through. It is a non-curable condition. However, the symptoms can be suppressed with proper medication, exercise (as prescribed by the doctor, or else, doing inappropriate...
- Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac: The Rashes
What is poison ivy? Poison ivy (Toxicodendron radicans) is a popular plant known for causing rashes and skin irritation when one comes in contact with it.Poison ivy is a woody shrub or vine that is found in either shady or sunny locations. It can grow up to six feet tall as a shrub, or 150 feet tall...
- What Could Happen if My Pneumonia Remains Untreated?
There are several types of pneumonia that vary in their degree of seriousness. Pneumonia caused by a viral infection can make people feel very sick with fever, cough, and tiredness. However, viral pneumonia tends to go away on its own after some time. A "walking pneumonia" is a mild case of...
- Dr. Raymond J. Martinez D.O.3-3295 Kuhio Hwy Lihue HI 96766
- Dr. Ellen Elmore MD4489 Papalina Rd Kalaheo HI 96741
- Dr. Joseph M. Murray M.D.5371 Koloa Rd Koloa HI 96756
- Dr. Melinda Joyce Menezes MD2490 Oka St Kilauea HI 96754
- Dr. Clara T Krebs M.D.3-3420 Kuhio Hwy Lihue HI 96766
- Dr. Steven J. Penner M.D.4382 Waialo Road Eleele HI 96705