Dr. Milena Lyon is a dermatologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Lyon specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Lyon diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1995
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Allergic contact dermatitis reaction to henna.
- Nonadrenergic innervation of the rat laryngeal vasculature.
- Quantitative analysis of rat inner ear blood flow using the iodo[(14)C]antipyrine technique.
- Localization of the efferent neurons of the tensor tympani muscle of the newborn kitten using horseradish peroxidase.
- Residual effects of tracer in sequential double label deoxyglucose studies.
- Ultrastructural changes in contralateral superior vestibulo-ocular neurons one year after vestibular neurectomy in the cat.
- Ultrastructural changes in contralateral vestibulo-ocular neurons following vestibular neurectomy in the cat.
- Metabolic panniculitis: alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency panniculitis and pancreatic panniculitis.
- Blood flow and capillary surface area of rat posterior canal ampulla.
- Quantitative histochemical studies on the cat infrahyoid muscles.
- Mitochondrial volume density of Schwann cells associated with rat vestibular ganglion cells.
- Schwann cells associated with vestibular ganglion cells in the aging rat.
- Aging rat vestibular ganglion: I. Quantitative light microscopic evaluation.
- Standardized patient-based assessment of dermatology resident communication and interpersonal skills.
- Morphologic correlates of vestibular compensation in the cat.
- Skin Issues
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Contact Dermatitis
- Skin Tag
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Dermatology; Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Internal Medicine
Dr. Milena J. Lyon M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
Dr. Milena J. Lyon M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lyon
- Serum Herpes Simplex Antibodies Test: Can It Help in the Diagnosis of Cold Sores?
What is the serum herpes simplex antibodies test?This test is used to diagnose the herpes simplex virus. It is an examination of the blood and it identifies the antibodies that fight against HSV. This herpes simplex virus is the leading cause of herpes. There are two different kinds of herpes: HSV-1...
- Is Scabies a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)?
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)These are infections that can be passed from one person to another through anal sex, oral sex, and vaginal sex. Many people might have an STD, but they may not show symptoms. STDs are common in people. They can be dangerous, but most of them can be...
- Self Tanner Use Might Deprive You of Vitamin D
Sunless tanners, or self tanners, that provide a fake tan reduces the exposure to UV radiations considerably, according to a new study published in the journal, Archives of Dermatology. Using creams and sprays that provide the fake tan cuts down the sunbathing and tanning bed use. According to...
- Understanding Acne and Its Causes
Acne can appear on the skin as tender red bumps also known as pimples, pustules (bumps containing pus), and occasionally as cysts. Acne can be found on almost any part of your body, but most commonly it develops on your face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. ...
- What Could Itchy Palms Mean?
Although an itchy palm is rarely caused by serious conditions, it can also indicate a chronic skin problem that requires frequent treatment.Your doctor can help diagnose your condition by identifying other symptoms you experience and what causes your itchy palm. Your doctor will recommend or...
- Is Eczema Contagious?
One of the most common myths and misconceptions about eczema is that it is contagious. Probably, this myth has circulated due to the closeness of people who have the condition. For example, if your sibling or friend has eczema and uses a certain type of perfume or skin moisturizer, you may at one...
- Dr. George Henry Engel MD708 MIDWEST CLUB PKWY OAK BROOK IL 60523
- Dr. Kenneth Gordon M.D.9977 Woods Dr Skokie IL 60077
- Edidiong Kaminska3808 N Lincoln Ave Chicago Illinois 60613
- John E. Stopka6918 West Archer Ave Chicago Illinois 60638
- Dr. Pedram Gerami MD676 N Saint Clair St Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Erica Jean Rogers MD908 N Elm St Hinsdale IL 60521