Dr. Ben Graf is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Madison, WI. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Graf is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Univ of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 1979
New Jersey College of Dentistry 1979
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- The effect of in situ freezing on rabbit patellar tendon. A histologic, biochemical, and biomechanical analysis.
- Signs of patellar chondromalacia on sagittal T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging.
- Anterior cruciate ligament tears in skeletally immature patients: meniscal pathology at presentation and after attempted conservative treatment.
- A device to measure the cross-sectional area of soft connective tissues.
- Juvenile versus adult osteochondritis dissecans of the knee: appropriate MR imaging criteria for instability.
- Clinical and MRI findings associated with false-positive knee MR diagnoses of medial meniscal tears.
- Results of knee manipulations after anterior cruciate ligament reconstructions.
- MR diagnosis of posterior root tears of the lateral meniscus using arthroscopy as the reference standard.
- Anxiety and intense running exercise in the presence and absence of interpersonal competition.
- Influence of hydroxyapatite-coated and growth factor-releasing interference screws on tendon-bone healing in an ovine model.
- Value of MR imaging in staging osteochondral lesions of the talus (osteochondritis dissecans): results in 14 patients.
- Osteochondritis dissecans of the knee: value of MR imaging in determining lesion stability and the presence of articular cartilage defects.
- Association of parameniscal cysts with underlying meniscal tears as identified on MRI and arthroscopy.
- Arthroscopic partial meniscectomy: MR imaging for prediction of outcome in middle-aged and elderly patients.
- Short-term clinical importance of osseous injuries diagnosed at MR imaging in patients with anterior cruciate ligament tear.
- Torn Meniscus
- Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Orthopedic Surgery
- University Of Wi Hospital and Cli
- University of Wisconsin Program
Dr. Ben K Graf MD's Practice location
Madison, WI 53711Get Direction
MADISON, WI 53726Get Direction
Dr. Ben K Graf MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Do I Need DHEA Supplements?
DHEA supplements have a multitude of uses, depending on what the individual wants to improve on or in his or her body. These supplements can be used for building muscles, it can be used as an anti-aging supplement, and it can even be used to aid general health conditions. Yet, what is DHEA? Are DHEA...
- Treatment for Sepsis
Sepsis is a dangerous condition where the body fights an infection that is extensive and had spread through the bloodstream. If you become septic, you will probably have a low blood pressure, which will cause a poor blood circulation as well as an absence of blood perfusion in the vital organs and...
- How to Prevent Shin Splints
A shin splint is an exercise-induced pain you feel along the inner aspect of your shin bone. It usually occurs as a result of overtraining or increasing the duration and intensity of exercises too much and too quickly. Doctors may refer this condition as the medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). It...
- How to Have a Good Workout in 30 Minutes
How to Have a Good Workout in 30 MinutesIt is quite natural to feel frustrated when you don’t start to see results after months of slogging in the gym. One may gradually lose interest in working out and gym sessions. Then, there are others who feel too time strapped to work out at all. For both of...
- Abdominal Pain: Is It Appendicitis?
The abdomen is the part of your body below your chest and above the pelvic region, and any pain in this area is referred to as abdominal pain. Almost everybody would have experienced pain in the abdomen one time or another. Most causes are harmless and can be diagnosed and treated easily. However,...
- Do I Need Alpha-Lipoic Acid Supplements?
Do I Need Alpha-Lipoic Acid Supplements?Alpha-lipoic acid or ALA is an antioxidant that is naturally produced in our body. This fatty acid is required for the production of energy in cells and it also plays a major role in reducing oxidative damage by free radicals. Supplements of this fatty acid...
- Dr. Kathleen E Carr MD100 N Nine Mound Rd Verona WI 53593
- Dr. John F Orwin MD621 Science Dr Madison WI 53711
- Dr. Emily B Porter MD752 N High Point Rd Madison WI 53717
- Dr. John J Wilson MD100 N Nine Mound Rd Verona WI 53593
- Dr. Tamara A Scerpella MD621 Science Dr Madison WI 53711
- Dr. Brian D. Shannon M.D.University Of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics Madison WI 53792