Dr. Basem Alkurdi is an internist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Alkurdi specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Alkurdi provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Aleppo University Faculty of Med Syria,Syria 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Atlantic City Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Basem Alkurdi M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35249Get Direction
LARGO, FL 33770Get Direction
Dr. Basem Alkurdi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Alkurdi
- What Is Toviaz?
Generic Name: FesoterodineBrand Name: ToviazWhat is Toviaz?Toviaz is a medication for the treatment of spasms that occur in the bladder muscles. The generic name of Toviaz is fesoterodine. This drug is mostly used for the treatment of an overactive bladder and other accompanying symptoms such...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- What Is Acid Reflux: Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Acid reflux is a common condition wherein a person feels an internal burning pain in the lower chest area due to the stomach acid backflow into the esophagus (food pipe). Once in a while, acid reflux may be experienced. It is a common condition, which you should not worry about. However, if you...
- Kimchi's Health Benefits and More
Kimchi is a Korean side dish made with salted and fermented vegetables. This Korean staple side dish usually has cabbage, radish, garlic, ginger, and various seafood, with spices and seasonings. In the past, kimchi was stored in jars and buried in the ground to stay at a certain temperature suitable...
- Genes Can Influence an Individual's Body Language and Behavior
Empathetic behavior and body language are both associated with genetic variations, according to a study published in, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Thus, a smile or nod of empathy may explain the type of genes the individual has. Individuals who display more empathetic behavior...
- Pleurisy vs. Bronchitis: Differences and Similarities
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is a condition, in which the lining that surrounds the lungs and the interior of the chest cavity is inflamed. Due to the inflammation of the pleura, this condition is also called as pleuritis. The pleural space is the space between the lungs and the chest cavity wall....
- Mrs. Amy Lee Illescas M.D.2800 Greystone Commercial Blvd Birmingham AL 35242
- Marina Brainin Other619 19TH STREET SOUTH BIRMINGHAM AL 35233
- Dr. Jerry Hankins MD151 Narrows Pkwy Birmingham AL 35242
- Dr. James Gregory Sullivan MD1160 HUFFMAN RD BIRMINGHAM AL 35215
- Dr. Ladonna P Richardson MD513 Brookwood Blvd Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Frank Denton Miller M.D.927 Medical Center Dr Bessemer AL 35022