Dr. Lori A Schweickert M.D.
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry1903 N Harrison Ave Suite 101 Cary NC, 27513
Dr. Lori Schweickert practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Cary, NC. Dr. Schweickert evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Schweickert seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1991
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Ucla Med Ctr/Ucla D Geffen Sch, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Duke Univ Med Ctr, Psychiatry
- Duke University Hospital Program
Dr. Lori A Schweickert M.D.'s Practice location
Cary, NC 27513Get Direction
Dr. Lori A Schweickert M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schweickert
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Dr. Hima B Palakurthi MD5505 Creedmoor Rd Raleigh NC 27612
- Dr. Maxlyn Lavie Ellison MDRexwoods Drive 102 Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Erica Michelle Arrington M.D.3801 Lake Boone Trl Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Ranota Thomas Hall M.D.3800 Paramount Pkwy Morrisville NC 27560
- Dr. Jennifer E Holton MD2213 Elba St Durham NC 27705
- Dr. Michael S Lancaster M.D.2320 Honeysuckle Ct Chapel Hill NC 27514