Dr. Geoffrey Lowell Bloomfield M.D.
Surgeon500 Hospital Way Suite 6 Mckeesport PA, 15132
Dr. Geoffrey Bloomfield is a general surgeon practicing in Mckeesport, PA. Dr. Bloomfield specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Bloomfield provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine 1992
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Multisystem organ failure secondary to increased intraabdominal pressure.
- Treatment of intracranial hypertension using nonsurgical abdominal decompression.
- Sepsis-induced acute lung injury is attenuated by selectin blockade following the onset of sepsis.
- Cardiopulmonary effects of raised intra-abdominal pressure before and after intravascular volume expansion.
- Current concepts of sepsis and acute lung injury.
- Delayed administration of inhaled nitric oxide preserves alveolar-capillary membrane integrity in porcine gram-negative sepsis.
- Protective role of synthetic sialylated oligosaccharide in sepsis-induced acute lung injury.
- Abdominal compartment syndrome.
- Inguinal Hernia
- Sebaceous Cyst
Dr. Geoffrey Lowell Bloomfield M.D.'s Practice location
Mckeesport, PA 15132Get Direction
Bel Air, MD 21014Get Direction
Dr. Geoffrey Lowell Bloomfield M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bloomfield
- What Is a Partial Hysterectomy?
In a Complete Hysterectomy, both the Uterus and Cervix are removed to afford symptomatic relief to the patient. When the Cervix remains in the pelvic region after surgery, it then becomes a Partial or Supracervical hysterectomy. The kind of surgery that one opts for is wholly dependent on the health...
- What Are Tonsil Stones?
If you are someone who is suffering from bad breath or feel a sharp pain in your throat when you swallow something, then there is a good possibility that you are having tonsil stones. If you are really worried about it, there is nothing to be anxious about as there are various treatments available...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Laparoscopy and Infertility
LaparoscopyA laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, which allows doctors to examine your abdominal organs. In females, their fallopian tubes, uterus, and ovaries are found in the pelvic region, which is at the bottom of the abdomen. The procedure uses a laparoscope to visualize the abdominal organs....
- Recovery from a Gallbladder Surgery
You may be given pain relievers as you wait for the anesthesia to wear off after your gallbladder removal surgery. After surgery, you will be transferred to a recovery room where your condition will be monitored as you are given some time to rest.During a keyhole operation, carbon dioxide gas is...
- Dr. Arthur Fine M.D.575 Coal Valley Rd Clairton PA 15025
- Dr. Saptarshi Biswas MD2570 HAYMAKER RD MONROEVILLE PA 15146
- Dr. Fernando Safdie M.D.200 LOTHROP ST. PGH. PA 15213
- Dr. Richard Fortunato D.O.320 E NORTH AVE STE 261 PITTSBURGH PA 15212
- Dr. Alejandro Castellvi M.D.320 E NORTH AVE STE 208 PITTSBURGH PA 15212
- Dr. David E. Stein MD305 North Highland Avenue Merion Station Pennsylvania 19066