Dr. David August practices Pediatric Anesthesiology in Sacramento, CA. As a pediatric anesthesiologist, Dr. August treats children who have experienced an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery or a procedure. Pediatric anesthesiologists are qualified to evaluate complex problems and plan a safe anesthetic for each child. Through special training and experience, pediatric anesthesiologists provide the safest care for infants and children undergoing anesthesia.
Education and Training
University of Virginia / Main Campus 1994
University of Virginia School of Medicine 1996
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Mass General Hospital Boston
Dr. David A. August M.D.'s Practice location
Sacramento, CA 95817Get Direction
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
Dr. David A. August M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Alternative Treatments For Laryngitis
When the larynx (vocal cords) is inflamed, laryngitis occurs. A bacterial or viral infection or extremely strained vocal cords causes this condition.A weak or hoarse voice is the most common laryngitis symptom. At times, laryngitis patients are unable to talk, and a dry cough and sore throat...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: What to Expect at a Visit with a Rheumatologist
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease in which the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks the joints. This situation creates inflammation that causes the tissue that lines the inside of joints (the synovium) to thicken, resulting in swelling and pain in and around the joints.Whenever...
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Diabetes
DiabetesInsulin is a hormone that is secreted by the pancreas. Diabetes can develop when the pancreas stops secreting insulin or when the body becomes resistant to insulin. The most common type of diabetes is type 2 diabetes.According to the American Diabetes Association, more than 25 million people...
- Is a Tummy Tuck a Good Idea?
Tummy tucks, or abdominoplasty, are a very popular option for many who have tried to drop those sagging excess skin on the abdomen. For some, the fat deposits on the skin is an inherited condition. For some others the skin become flaccid with a sudden weight loss leading to odd looks. Abdominoplasty...
- What Is Shingles?
What are shingles?Shingles is a painful rash in the skin caused by the chicken pox virus, varicella-zoster. This skin condition usually appears in the form of a band, strip, or a small area in the body. Shingles is sometimes referred to as herpes zoster. ...
- Ovarian Cancer: Is it Asymptomatic in the Early Stages?
Only three percent of women in the world who are diagnosed with some form of cancer have ovarian cancer. This type of cancer has the highest percentage of deaths in the female population. Every cancer starts when the growth of cells becomes abnormal and out of control. Ovarian cancer begins in the...
- Dr. Evelyn Carolina Monico M.D.4150 V St Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Michael R Leeman M.D.2315 Stockton Blvd Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Niroop R Ravula MD4150 V St Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Julianna Myriad Clark-wronski MD836 W Wellington Ave Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Sampaguita-inez Pinpin Tafoya M.D.2425 Stockton Blvd Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Jeffrey F Goldsmith MD128 North Avenue Ne Atlanta GA 30308