Dr. Talal Zraik is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Dayton, OH. Dr. Zraik specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Univ of Damascus, Fac of Med, Damascus, Syria 1975
University of Damascus Faculty of Medicine 1975
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- Oh State Univ Hosp, Infectious Diseases; Lutheran Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Lutheran Medical Center Program
Dr. Talal R Zraik MD's Practice location
Dayton, OH 45429Get Direction
Dr. Talal R Zraik MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Do I Have the Mumps?
The mumps is a highly contagious airborne viral infection, which manifests in a specific shape of the face and neck. The causing agent is the virus of mumps (paramyxovirus). Timely vaccination (MMR) is the best way to prevent complications that arise in 95% of cases. The mumps virus can be...
- Is Cholera Contagious?
Is Cholera Contagious?Cholera is one of the most dangerous infections that has claimed the lives of many people especially people living in very poor environmental areas. These are areas where there is poor sanitation, poor ventilation, and dirty water. Most of the victims of cholera over many years...
- Borrelia burgdorferi: The Bug Responsible for Lyme Disease
Borrelia burgdorferi is a gram-negative bacterium, which is the causative organism of Lyme disease. It is most commonly found in North America and Europe. Lyme disease is a zoonotic vector-borne disease. A zoonotic disease is a disease that can be transmitted from animals to humans and...
- Herpes Simplex Virus: The Cause of Cold Sores
Herpes simplex is a retrovirus that infects humans. The virus is passed from one person to another through direct physical contact or contact with anything that has come in contact with saliva or other body fluids of an infected person.Once the virus enters the body, it has a clever mechanism to...
- What Specialists Treat AIDS
Living with HIV/AIDS requires regular doctor visits and routine checkups. So it is best to make sure that you keep up with the many appointments that come up. These can be with dentists, nurses, case managers, counselors, psychiatrists, and other medical needs. It is best to check with your health...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Dr. Steven Burdette MD1222 S Patterson Blvd Dayton OH 45402
- Dr. Thomas Herchline MD1222 S PATTERSON BLVD DAYTON OH 45402
- Dr. Timothy Bruce Sorg MD9000 N Main St Dayton OH 45415
- Dr. William Grant Starrett MD2200 Philadelphia Dr Dayton OH 45406
- Dr. Richard K Groger MD33 W Rahn Rd Dayton OH 45429
- Dr. Laila Maria Castellino M.D.2350 Miami Valley Dr Dayton OH 45459