Dr. Douglas Schuerer is a trauma surgeon practicing in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Schuerer specializes in both operative and non-operative management to treat life threatening, traumatic injuries. Some commonly operated areas include the stomach, colon, spleen and pancreas and trauma surgeons also work with other surgeons to stabilize patients in critical condition. Typically, trauma surgeons work in the emergency care area of a hospital.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1995
University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus 1995
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1995
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Surgical Critical Care
- Percutaneous stent-graft treatment of superior mesenteric and internal iliac artery pseudoaneurysms.
- Trauma rehabilitation outcome scoring.
- The impact of a simple, low-cost oral care protocol on ventilator-associated pneumonia rates in a surgical intensive care unit.
- Platelet transfusion: an unnecessary risk for mild traumatic brain injury patients on antiplatelet therapy.
- Use of low-molecular-weight heparin and a deep vein thrombosis protocol to
- Trauma in the older adult: epidemiology and evolving geriatric trauma principles.
- Effectiveness of Minocycline and Rifampin vs Chlorhexidine and Silver Sulfadiazine-Impregnated Central Venous Catheters in Preventing Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection in a High-Volume Academic Intensive Care Unit: A Before and after Tria
- Preventing Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection: In Reply to Mermel.
- Imaging in blunt cardiac injury: Computed tomographic findings in cardiac contusion and associated injuries.
- Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, Alumni Association Summer Res 1992-1993 Resident of the Year
- Heart Disease
- Femur Fracture
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Hospital Program
- Surgical Critical Care, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 1999
Dr. Douglas Je Schuerer MD's Practice location
Dr. Douglas Je Schuerer MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Holistic Treatments for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
The symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be very embarrassing and make you discomfort able. However, you can relive then naturally.Since doctors have not been able to come up with a sure cure, experts emphasis on devising ways to live with it. Remember, if you have IBS, you shouldn’t be...
- The Benefits and Risks of an IUD
What is an intrauterine device or IUD?An intrauterine device or IUD is a tiny, T-shaped birth control device. It is basically a plastic device, which is wrapped in copper. It also contains certain hormones. An IUD is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. There is a plastic string tied to the end of...
- Top Issues Staff Nurses Face on the Job
Nursing is a field where art meets science. From psychology to physiology to microbiology, a nurse’s educational background and practical experience cover a broad gamut of skills needed to facilitate a patient’s physical healing and emotional well-being.With the many duties and areas of...
- The Super Anti-Aging Drug You Need to Know About
Retinoids are considered to be the best weapon against aging by most dermatologists. Often regarded as an indispensable anti-aging component, this vitamin A derivative reduces wrinkles, increases the thickness and elasticity of the skin, and lightens the dark spots caused by sunlight. Retinoids...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Chiropractic Care for Arthritis
Chiropractic has been successful and effective in managing the symptoms of arthritis. With regular treatment, pain is decreased and the need for medications is reduced or won't be needed. Chiropractic care can also restore lost range of motion and flexibility, increase muscle strength and improve...
- Dr. Bryan R. Troop M.D.621 S New Ballas Rd Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Terence Michael Myckatyn MD1040 N Mason Rd Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Edmond Kakit Ng MD, FACS10004 Kennerly Rd Saint Louis MO 63128
- Dr. Kwang I Suh M.D.621 S. New Ballas Rd Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Robb R Whinney DO1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Keith E Brandt MD4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis MO 63110