Dr. Cindy Amundsen M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC, 27710
Dr. Cindy Amundsen is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Amundsen specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Amundsen can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Amundsen can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
- U Tex-Hermann Hosp
Dr. Cindy Amundsen M.D.'s Practice location
Durham, NC 27710Get Direction
Dr. Cindy Amundsen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Amundsen
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatments for Preeclampsia?
Preeclampsia is a condition characterized by high blood pressure and the presence of excess protein in urine in women during the second half of pregnancy. If left undiagnosed and untreated, it may lead to a very serious condition called eclampsia. Eclampsia is risky to the baby and the mother, and...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- Gastrointestinal Pain in Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a common gynecological problem affecting women in their reproductive age. It never occurs before puberty and it usually resolves after menopause.Endometriosis is a gynecological condition characterized by the growth of the endometrial tissue outside of the uterus. There are two...
- When Does Vaginitis Normally Occur?
Also referred as vulvovaginitis or vaginal infection, vaginitis is the inflammation of the vagina. It can occur at any time in a woman’s life. The condition can lead to pain, itching, and unusual vaginal discharge, which are mostly accompanied with a vulva infection or irritation. Some women may...
- Fat Injections Can Hinder Mammograms
Injecting fat from other parts of the body to augment breasts is becoming more popular than the traditional methods used for breast enlargement procedures. Studies have indicated that the injection of fat in the breast tissue can hinder mammograms.Two major studies published in the journal, Plastic...
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- Dr. Kristina R. Ericsson MD, MPH263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06032
- Dr. Polly Jansen Watson MD3900 Browning Pl Raleigh NC 27609
- Dr. John T Soper MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Dawn Stanford Trollip MD4414 Lake Boone Trail Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Elizabeth J Geller MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Margeva Morris Cole MDDurham Ob Gyn Durham NC 27704