Dr. Rodger D Israel M.D.
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine3100 Blue Ridge Rd Suite 300 Raleigh NC, 27612
Dr. Rodger Israel practices Geriatric Medicine in Raleigh, NC. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Israel works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
Univ of South Fl Coll of Med, Tampa Fl 1986
University of Central Florida College of Medicine 1986
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine
- High Cholesterol
- Memory Loss
- Vascular Disease
- Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Geriatric Medicine-Internal Medicine; Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Rodger D Israel M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Rodger D Israel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Israel
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- How Is Osteoporosis Treated?
The best treatment of osteoporosis is its prevention. However, once the disease has already affected you and weakened your healthy bones, it is necessary to treat it in order to prevent a further progression of the disease as well as its complications. The most well-known complications of...
- Is Osteoporosis Preventable?
The word "osteoporosis" means "porous bone", and it occurs when bones become weak due to loss of minerals. Thus, the affected bones become more prone to break compared to the healthy bones.Bones are made up of different minerals, and calcium is one of those main minerals. It strengthens the bones...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to affect the nerve cells, which produce the brain chemical called dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system, which can affect movements of the body. This disease gradually develops, wherein there is hardly any...
- Fast Walking for a Fast Memory
Take a Walk Down Memory LaneWalking speed and strength of hand grip can help predict the risk of stroke and memory problems in old age, says a new study. “This forms a very basic test to predict the odds of getting these conditions in old age," says Erica C. Camargo MD, PhD. A decrease in walking...
- How is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
Lung Cancer is one of the most common and serious forms of cancers in the world. In fact, it is also one of the leading causes of cancer deaths for both men and women. This form of cancer is known to mainly affect older people, primarily those in their seventies. Smoking has been identified as one...
- Dr. Iftequar Unnisa Ahmed M.D.3225 Blue Ridge Rd Raleigh NC 27612
- Dr. Toni M Cutson M.D.4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Kenneth E Schmader M.D.4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Mitchell Heflin M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Mary Busby-whitehead M.D.101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Isao Iwata M.D.508 Fulton St Durham NC 27705