Dr. Lawrence Gibson is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Mansfield, OH. Dr. Gibson specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Gibson tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1966
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Lawrence L Gibson MD's Practice location
Mansfield, OH 44906Get Direction
Dr. Lawrence L Gibson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- New Research May Improve Bone Health in Diabetic Patients
Diabetes and complications related to it are common, and most people know about them. Diabetes harms blood vessels and nerves, which causes heart problems, problems with peripheral nerves, and weakens eyesight. The need for foot and eye care, and the evaluation of heart and kidney health, are all...
- Can Sleeping with Hand Braces Slow Down Muscular Dystrophy?
In patients with muscular dystrophy, contractures usually occur as muscle breaks down. They begin at a very tender age of about 8 to 13. What this means is that muscles and tendons of the patient's wrists and hands tighten. Did you know that not all muscles lose strength at the same time? Hand...
- Physical Activity Benefits Knees
Results from a new study contradict earlier reports that exercise may not be beneficial for the knees. According to the new study, there is no doubt that exercise improves knee cartilage and the overall knee health. The researchers do agree that exercise is linked with increased chances of bony...
- Will I Need Surgery If I Have Tennis Elbow?
Will I need surgery if I have Tennis Elbow?Tennis elbow, also known as lateral epicondylitis, is a condition that causes pain in the elbow, and it mainly results from overusing the elbow. The condition mainly affects tennis players but it can also affect other athletes and sporting enthusiasts. It...
- Know Your Risk for Bone Fractures
Have you ever received a bone density test? This test is crucial for women who are experiencing menopause, as it tests how thin and frail their bones are. One might be prescribed medications to help this condition.“Bone density tests are good indicators for the risks of fractures”, says...
- Dr. James R Kerbs MD955 Hosford Rd Galion OH 44833
- Dr. Michael R Viau MD536 S Trimble Rd Mansfield OH 44906
- Dr. Lawrence A Pabst MD955 Hosford Rd Galion OH 44833
- Dr. Matthew C Bernhard M.D.45 Amberwood Pkwy Ashland OH 44805
- Dr. Scott Foster M.D.3065 Arlington Ave Toledo OH 43614
- Dr. Joseph Jay Guth M.D.140 Hill St Bucyrus OH 44820