Dr. Janet Pomerantz M.D.
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine)1000 Northern Blvd Great Neck NY, 11021
Dr. Janet Pomerantz is a physiatrist practicing in Great Neck, NY. Dr. Pomerantz is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Pomerantz focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Pomerantz can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Tel Aviv Univ- Sackler Fac Of Med- Tel Aviv- Israel 1986
Tel Aviv University / Sackler Faculty of Medicine 1986
- Nyu Hospitals Center, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation; Nyu Hospitals Center, Pediatrics; Beth Israel Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Westchester Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- Beth Israel Med Center
Dr. Janet Pomerantz M.D.'s Practice location
Great Neck, NY 11021Get Direction
Dr. Janet Pomerantz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pomerantz
- What Is Sciatica?
What is sciatica?Lower back pain is a very common condition that is often incorrectly managed. Back pain is a challenge in itself since it demands medical support and is a leading source of social, psychological, and physical disabilities. The majority of back pains are self-limiting and simple,...
- 5 Tips for Living with Osteoporosis
5 Tips for Living with OsteoporosisFor some people, an osteoporosis prognosis can appear like a fatal blow to their life. However, things aren’t hopeless as they might seem! Being in a position to adjust to the condition can really be helpful in getting you used to the condition. Osteoporosis...
- 7 Things that Should be Known About Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy (MD) is a genetic disorder characterized by progressive muscle weakness and degeneration. MD is a progressive disorder which means that it worsens over time. It affects skeletal muscles that are responsible for controlling body movement and eventually affects other organs. There...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- Dr. Dante Acebo Cubangbang M.D.13915 34th Ave Flushing NY 11354
- Mr. Gregory Marcolin P.T3175 Emmons Ave Brooklyn New York 11235
- Dr. Neil Chatterjee MD2440 M Street N.W. Washington DC 20037
- Alexandre Karatchounov2615 East 16th Street Brooklyn New York 11235
- Dr. Kioomars Moosazadeh MD140 Middle Neck Road Great Neck New York 11021
- David Reich8 Barstow Road Great Neck New York 11021