Dr. Steven Schmidt is an anesthesiologist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Schmidt ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Schmidt also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 1993
New Jersey College of Dentistry 1993
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Univ Tx Med Sch-San Antonio, Anesthesiology
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Program
Dr. Steven Walter Schmidt M.D.'s Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78216Get Direction
Dr. Steven Walter Schmidt M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Compound In Cocoa May Delay Onset of Type-II Diabetes
The Benefits of Compounds in ChocolateResearch Into Cocoa and Type-II DiabetesAccording to researchers by those at Brigham Young University, there could very well be a tie-in between certain compounds found in cocoa and producing more insulin. In addition to these studies suggesting the benefits of...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Norman Wulfsohn718 Lexington Avenue San Antonio Texas 78212
- Dr. Edward D. Briggs M.D.45 Northeast Loop 410 San Antonio Texas 78215
- Dr. Dennis Edward Karasek M.D.3603 Paesanos Pkwy San Antonio TX 78231
- Dr. John R Hall D.O.5282 Medical Dr #200 San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Michael E Kruczek M.D.8637 Fredericksburg Rd San Antonio TX 78240
- Dr. Ralph G. Matalon M.D.4242 Medical Dr San Antonio TX 78229