Dr. Charles Abbott is a pathologist practicing in Pittsfield, MA. Dr. Abbott is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Abbott can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Abbott may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1961
- Med Ctr La New Orleans-Lsu, Thoracic Surgery Med Ctr La New Orleans-Lsu, General Surgery Med Ctr La New Orleans-Lsu, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Charles L Abbott M.D.'s Practice location
Pittsfield, MA 01201Get Direction
Dr. Charles L Abbott M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Dr. Scott W Kipper M.D.725 North St Pittsfield MA 01201
- Dr. Sarah Marie Wilkins MD725 North St Pittsfield MA 01201
- Dr. Daniel J Carter MD725 North St Pittsfield MA 01201
- Dr. Behzad Parhizgar MD195 South St Pittsfield MA 01201
- Dr. Rebecca Lynn Johnson MD725 North St Pittsfield MA 01201
- Dr. Christopher Michael Shutty D.O.725 North St Pittsfield MA 01201