Dr. Carole Palmer is a speech language pathologist practicing in SANTA YNEZ, CA. Dr. Palmer specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Palmer evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Palmer helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Carole C. Palmer MA CCC-SLP's Practice location
SANTA YNEZ, CA 93460Get Direction
Carole C. Palmer MA CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Mrs. Irene Murphy M.A., CC-SLPUNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SANTA BARBARA SANTA BARBARA CA 93106
- Jennifer L Arnold142 SUMIDA GARDENS LN SANTA BARBARA CA 93111
- Tammy Lam6116 SHEARTON WAY GOLETA CA 93117
- Kellie Regina Henkel MS CCC SLP919 ECHO LN SOLVANG CA 93463
- Miss Kacy Caroline Florack M.S. CCC-SLP7266 ALAMEDA AVE GOLETA CA 93117
- Ms. Deborah Ross Brown MA CCC-SLP2320 CALLE REAL SANTA BARBARA CA 93105