Dr. Michael Keown is an internist practicing in Winter Haven, FL. Dr. Keown specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Keown provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
University of Central Florida College of Medicine 1998
- High Cholesterol
- Back Pain
- Vascular Disease
Dr. Michael L Keown MD's Practice location
Dr. Michael L Keown MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Keown
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- Laryngitis: What Is Croup?
What is laryngitis?Laryngitis is the swelling of your voice box. It is often caused by an infection, mostly by a virus. The voice box is also known as the larynx. It links the back of your throat to the windpipe. The vocal cord and larynx are part and parcel and are required for speech. Laryngitis...
- Is My Diarrhea Caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
What is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common gut disorder. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unlike inflammatory bowel disease and differs from other bowel conditions. It is a group of several symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, cramping, constipation,...
- Are Ginseng Supplements Beneficial to my Health?
Ginseng supplements have been used for improving health for centuries in Asia and North America. Although this herbal medicine has been used for several medical conditions, it is not studied completely. Ginseng is of two basic types – Korean ginseng and American ginseng – and each have specific...
- What Could Swollen Feet Mean?
Swollen feet can be easily linked to pregnancy, standing for long hours, or injury by most people. These cases are often temporary and not a cause for concern. However, swollen feet can also be experienced by people without these factors and can be a sign of an underlying medical condition,...
- Do Women Need Additional Supplements?
Women try to include more healthy options in their diet — fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and whole grains. Many experts still advise women to concentrate on healthier diets, rather than focusing on pills and supplements.MultivitaminsMany experts were of the opinion that multivitamin...
- Dr. Armando A. Doval M.D.Hospital De La Concepcion San German PR 00683
- Dr. Akua Wiredu MD1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland FL 33805
- Dr. Sunil Nihalani MD405 S 11th St Lake Wales FL 33853
- Dr. John A Bazley MD1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland FL 33805
- Dr. Rodolfo F Rodriguez M.D.1050 Cypress Pkwy Kissimmee FL 34759
- Dr. Chau Nguyen MD1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland FL 33805