Dr. Kevin Allen Shugars DDS
Dentist1040 N 10th St Suite 230 Kalamazoo MI, 49009
Dr. Kevin Shugars is a Dentist practicing in Kalamazoo, MI. Dr. Shugars specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Education and Training
Northwestern University / Dental School D.D.S 1987
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Root Canal
- Board Certified State of Michigan Board Ceritified
- Professional Member Kalamazoo Valley District Dental Society
- Professional Member American Dental Association
- Professional Member Michigan Dental Association
- Professional Member Chicago Dental Society
- Professional Member American Association of Endodontists
Dr. Kevin Allen Shugars DDS's Practice location
Kalamazoo, MI 49009Get Direction
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- What are Canker Sores?
Canker sores are small, painful ulcers that develop in the lining of the mouth. These are one of the most common mouth ulcers, and the sores make eating difficult. Studies show that about 20% of the population suffer from these painful sores. Canker sores are classified into simple and complex...
- What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers give patients a beautiful smile. They are very thin, porcelain layers attached to the front of the teeth. Dental veneers are a good solution for the correction of any defects in the position, color, or shape of the teeth.Dental veneers can be made with direct or indirect composites....
- Is There a Link Between Gum Disease and Breast Cancer?
Being on top of oral health is important. This is not new information. From childhood, people are taught that brushing at least twice a day and flossing every day is essential.It is also well known now that smoking is a risk factor for cancer. However, what may not be common knowledge is the...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- Dr. Maura A Fichter DDS8150 MOORSBRIDGE RD STE A PORTAGE MI 49024
- Dr. Paul Stephen Busch D.D.S.3048 W MAIN ST KALAMAZOO MI 49006
- Dr. David Fenton Cooley D.D.S.5108 Lovers Ln Portage MI 49002
- Dr. Samuel Augustus Mcguire D.M.D.505 E ALCOTT ST KALAMAZOO MI 49001
- Dr. Keith Anthony Cohrs D.D.S.8110 Cooley Dr Portage MI 49024
- Dr. Keith Ray Konvalinka DDS7070 Stadium Dr Kalamazoo MI 49009