Dr. Cecil Simmons is a family practitioner practicing in San Benito, TX. Dr. Simmons specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Simmons possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School 1961
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Stomach Flu
- Homewood Hosp Ctr-N Campus, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- U.S. Public Health Hospital 1962
- HOMEWOOD HOSPITAL CENTER N CAMPUS
Dr. Cecil R Simmons M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Cecil R Simmons M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Decoding Facts About the Strep Throat Infection
Is it a sore throat or a strep throat infection?Strep throat is a medical condition associated with bacteria that infect the throat and tonsils. The infection is caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria. This group of bacteria is usually spread through contact with droplets of an infected person....
- What Are The Signs And Symptoms of Pleurisy?
Pleurisy: What Is It?Pleurisy or pleuritis is the inflammation of the membranes that line your lungs and the inside of your chest wall. The pleura are made of two layers – the visceral pleura and the parietal pleura. The visceral pleura line your lungs, and the parietal pleura line the inside of...
- Cold vs. Allergy: How to Tell the Difference
It is very common to assume that anyone with the sniffles is contagious. Very often, however, those sniffles are not linked to anything contagious at all--they can be related to other factors. The first thought of many individuals when they suffer from a runny nose, nasal congestion, coughing, or...
- What Is a Normal Heart Rate?
What is heart rate?The heart rate is the number of heartbeats that occur per minute. The normal heart rate depends from person-to-person. As people get older, the heart rate changes and pulse regularity may change, which can signify heart problems or other medical conditions. Your heart rate may...
- The Four Stages of Hemorrhoids
Although sometimes embarrassing, hemorrhoids are quite common. Statistics indicate that one in every two people has had hemorrhoids at least once in their lifetime. Both men and women are affected by hemorrhoids.There are two types of hemorrhoids; internal and external. Internal hemorrhoids, as the...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of an Ear Infection?
Our ear consists of three parts: the outer ear, the middle ear, and the inner ear. Infections can occur in any part of the ear, but middle ear infections are the most common. The middle ear is the part of your ear located between your eardrums and inner ear. It is the air-filled space that contains...
- Anthony James Cavazos214 Scarlett Cir Harlingen Texas 78552
- Dr. Luis Ernesto Zepeda M.D.512 Victoria Ln Harlingen TX 78550
- Dr. Norma Schacherl D.O.351 N Sam Houston Blvd San Benito TX 78586
- Dr. Miguel Angel Tello MD909 S Airport Dr Weslaco TX 78596
- Dr. Juan Marcos Garcia M.D.512 Victoria Ln Harlingen TX 78550
- Dr. Manjula Raguthu M.D.315 Jose Marti Blvd Brownsville TX 78526