Dr. Onur Melen MD
Neurologist | Neurology680 N Lake Shore Dr Suite 1000 Chicago IL, 60611
Dr. Onur Melen practices Neuropathology in Chicago, IL. Dr. Melen studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Ankara Universitesi, Tip Fakultesi,Ankara, Turkey 1968
Ankara Universitesi, Tip Fakultesi,Ankara, Turkey
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Northwestern Mem Hosp, Neurology; Vet Affairs Lakeside M C, Neurology; Wesley Pavillion, Neurology; Albert Einstein Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Northwestern McGaw, Biochemistry 1975
- Neuro-ophthalmology & Biochemistry - Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Neuro-ophthalmology - Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Northwestern Mcgaw / Northwestern Memorial Hospital 1975
Dr. Onur Melen MD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60611Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60611Get Direction
Dr. Onur Melen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Melen
- One Step at a Time: This Organization Is Making a Difference for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
By itself, muscular dystrophy is simply a term used to refer to a group of diseases which usually target the striated muscle cells (the ones responsible for enabling voluntary movements) in certain parts of the human body, limiting the person’s ability to perform certain tasks with the affected...
- Taking Plavix and Root Canal Treatment
Generic Name: ClopidogrelBrand Name: PlavixWhat is Plavix?Plavix is a drug that prevents the platelets in the blood from sticking together, thereby avoiding the formation of blood clots. There can be unwanted cases of blood clots, which can occur in cases of heart diseases or blood vessel...
- The Relationship Between Sodium and Multiple Sclerosis
Salt is an essential element that your body requires for maintaining proper bodily functions. It helps your muscles and nerves to work to their fullest capacity and maintains the balance of fluids within your body. This, in turn, helps control your blood volume and blood pressure levels. However,...
- Do Mood and Anxiety Affect Multiple Sclerosis Disability?
In MS, the immune system attacks the myelin, which is the protective coating that encompasses the nerves of the central nervous system (CNS). This, in turn, leads to the formation of lesions or scars. Depending on what part of the CNS is involved – the brain, spinal cord, and/or optic nerves – a...
- Multiple Sclerosis: Is Therapy Right for Me?
The different therapies and medications available may not work in the same way in different patients. Hence, it is very advisable that you consult your doctor so you can take the medicine that is right for you. Prescribed medications can help you control and manage the symptoms of the disease, and...
- Vitamin D May Help Improve Balance in Younger Parkinson's Patients
Can vitamin D help your Parkinson’s balance symptoms subside? It is highly possible. Vitamin D is a natural, anti-inflammatory that is consumable. You can lower the amount of C-reactive protein or the protein that is responsible for most types of inflammation by supplementing your diet with...
- Dr. Kenneth W. Holmes M.D.111 N. Wabash Ave Chicago Illinois 60602
- Ashok Devasenapathy175 E Delaware Place CHICAGO IL 60611
- Gail L. Rosseau4501 North Winchester Avenue Chicago Illinois 60640
- Dr. Anil Gulati MD2850 South Wabash Avenue Chicago Illinois 60616
- Dr. Roumen D. Balabanov M.D.1725 West Harrison Street Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Olga Kozlova MD5318 W Devon Av Chicago IL 60646