Dr. Ahmet Gurakar MD
Hepatologist | Hepatology3300 Nw Expressway St Oklahoma City OK, 73112
Dr. Ahmet Gurakar, MD, specialist in gastroenterology, hepatology, and internal medicine, currently treats patients in Baltimore, Maryland. Dr. Gurakar graduated from University Of Istanbul (1983) and ...
Education and Training
University Istanbul 1983
Istanbul Universitesi 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Transplant Hepatology- 2006
- Fatty Liver, Gastrointestinal Problems (stomach & Intestines) , Hepatitis And More
- Liver Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Univ Tx Med Branch Hosps, Gastroenterology; Integris Baptist Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Metropolitan Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine; Baylor Coll Of Med, Gastroenterology
- Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York 1991
- NYU Langone Medical Center 1989
- Metropolitan Hospital Center - New York Medical College 1991
- New York University; New York, Ny 1989
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center 1993
- University of Amsterdam - Academic Medical Center/Gastroenterology 1997
- University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine/Gastroenterology 1994
- Baylor College of Medicine/Sleep Medicine 1987
- Baylor College Of Medicine 1987
Dr. Ahmet Gurakar MD's Practice location
Oklahoma City, OK 73112Get Direction
BALTIMORE, MD 21287Get Direction
Dr. Ahmet Gurakar MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gurakar
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- Can Hepatitis A Impact Your Quality of Life?
Hepatitis is the swelling of the liver, and this condition can be mostly curable but certain cases lead to fibrosis, liver cancer or complete liver failure. Hepatitis viruses are one of the leading sources of hepatitis, but other infections and substances like alcohol and drugs can also cause...
- Can I Live with Liver Cancer?
You can still live a happy and healthy life even if you have liver cancer. Liver cancer is a very deadly disease, and sometimes, it becomes very hard to treat it, especially in its advanced stages. In such cases, you don’t have to worry at all. You can receive your treatment according to your...
- What is Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B, also known as HBV, is a disease caused by the Hepatitis B virus. This virus interferes with liver functions and can cause pathological harm. Normally, the infected person can get rid of this virus, but very few cannot, and thus becomes chronically infected. This virus can be fatal,...
- How Alcohol Abuse Can Influence Liver Cancer
Alcohol, what really is alcohol? From the scientific point of view, it is an organic compound. In this case, we look at it as a beverage made through the process of sugar fermentation. Alcohol can be highly intoxicating. Alcohol abuse entails the recurrent and harmful usage of alcohol.Alcohol abuse...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Ky-dieu Thi Tran MD3300 NW EXPRESSWAY OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73112
- Dr. Trushar B Patel M.D.3300 NW EXPRESSWAY OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73112
- Dr. Hany A Elbeshbeshy MD3300 NW EXPRESSWAY OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73112
- Dr. Joykumar Girishbhai Patel M.D.3300 Nw Expressway Oklahoma City OK 73112
- Dr. Harlan I. Wright MD700 NE 13th St Oklahoma City OK 73104