Dr. Homam Alkaied MD
Hematologist (Blood Specialist) | Hematology475 Seaview Ave Staten Island NY, 10305
Dr. Homam Alkaied is a hematology internist practicing in Staten Island, NY. Dr. Alkaied specializes in cases of suspected blood disorders when a diagnosis is unclear and further medical care is needed. Hematology internists work with other specialists such as surgeons, radiation therapists and gynecologists in order to get a better understanding on the cases. Often, patients are asked to participate in clinical research that could result in more efficient treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ of Damascus, Fac of Med, Damascus, Syria 1997
University Of Damascus Faculty Of Med Damascus Syria 1998
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine
- Atezolizumab in Treating Patients With Recurrent BCG-Unresponsive Non-muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Nivolumab After Surgery and Chemotherapy in Treating Patients With Stage IB-IIIA Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (An ALCHEMIST Treatment Trial)
- Genetic Testing in Screening Patients With Stage IB-IIIA Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer That Has Been or Will Be Removed by Surgery (The ALCHEMIST Screening Trial)
- Erlotinib Hydrochloride in Treating Patients With Stage IB-IIIA Non-small Cell Lung Cancer That Has Been Completely Removed by Surgery (An ALCHEMIST Treatment Trial)
- Staten Island Univ Hosp, Geriatric Medicine-Internal Medicine; Staten Island Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Staten Island University Hospital
Dr. Homam Alkaied MD's Practice location
Staten Island, NY 10305Get Direction
DULUTH, MN 55802Get Direction
Dr. Homam Alkaied MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Alkaied
- 5 Foods to Eat When you Have Anemia
Anemia refers to a state where the body witnesses a decrease in the number of circulating red blood cells causing symptoms like paleness of skin, lethargicness, headache and chest pain. Termed as the most common blood disorder, anemia is strictly not a disease, but a disorder that is often a...
- What Is Thalassemia Intermedia?
Thalassemia intermedia is an inherited genetic blood disorder. It is a milder form of thalassemia, wherein there is a reduced production of “adult” hemoglobin, which leads to anemia. It means that your child has a missing ingredient to create a normal adult hemoglobin.Thalassemia intermedia is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Anemia: Psychological Approach to Patients
The complete working of the human brain has been explained by numerous psychologists in the world. They have spent their lives trying to find the relation between different problems and how they affect the working of the human brain. The sanctioning of this relation is key to understanding why even...
- What Is the Difference Between Warfarin and Plavix?
Differences in Description Warfarin is an anticoagulant or blood thinner under the brand names Coumadin and Jantoven. It is used to prevent the formation and migration of blood clots. Originally, it was marketed as a pesticide. Since then, it has become one of the most frequently prescribed oral...
- Do I Have Anemia?
Anemia is characterized by the lack of healthy red blood cells or hemoglobin in the blood. It is a very common condition in teenage girls and women and may also be seen in children and men. Anemia is defined as hemoglobin levesl less than 12g/100ml in women, and less than 13.5g/100ml in men. There...
- Dr. David J Straus MD1275 York Ave New York NY 10021
- Dr. Hugo R Castro-malaspina MD1275 York Ave New York NY 10021
- Dr. Esperanza Papadopoulos MD1275 York Ave New York NY 10021
- Dr. Colleen Ann Edwards MD111 E 88th St New York NY 10128
- Dr. Nikoletta Lendvai M.D., PH.D.20 Prospect Ave Hackensack NJ 07601
- Dr. Yelena Z Ginzburg MDMedical Arts Pavilion Bronx NY 10467