Dr. Guy R Lord MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1032 S 16th St Suite 219 Milwaukee WI, 53204
Dr. Guy Lord is a psychiatrist practicing in Milwaukee, WI. Dr. Lord is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Lord diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Lord may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Lord treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1970
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Community Mntl Hlth Srv, Psychiatry; Baylor Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine
- San Diego Co Mh Sers 1971
- University of Wisconsin Program
Dr. Guy R Lord MD's Practice location
Milwaukee, WI 53204Get Direction
MEQUON, WI 53092Get Direction
Dr. Guy R Lord MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lord
- What is Autistic Disorder
Autistic disorder is defined as the most severe type of autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). It is also called classic autism or Kanner’s Syndrome. This developmental disorder is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and behavior. Autistic people often avoid interaction...
- How Does Saphris Work?
Mechanism of ActionSaphris is an atypical antipsychotic used for the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in both adults and children ages 10 years old and above. The drug's exact mechanism of action is still unknown. However, it is believed that like other antipsychotics, it interferes...
- St. John's Wort: Benefits, Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
St. John's wort is basically a plant which existed only in Europe, but today the plant can be found in USA and also some parts of Canada. The plant has oval-shaped leaves and golden-yellow flowers. The plant is attractive to look at having colorful petals and the colors of the flower are a mixed of...
- ADHD: What Is Talk Therapy?
Talk therapy can really be helpful to people living with ADHD. It’s normal for people to seek assistance from psychiatrists or professional counselors whenever they realize that they’re suffering from ADD/ADHD. You need to know that psychotherapy is very different from behavioral...
- Depression: Finding the Right Antidepressant
The federal government’s health statisticians figure that about one in every 10 Americans take an antidepressant. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) reports that the rate of antidepressant use in the US among teens and adults has increased by 400% from the years 1988 to 1994 to 2005...
- Reducing Anxiety with Exercise
People who have chronic diseases, like heart conditions and arthritis may benefit from exercising, according to a study published in, Archives of Internal Medicine. Exercise may help to relieve anxiety and improve the quality of life in these people. Results of this study add to the growing body of...
- Dr. Randall Steinhaus MD216 Green Bay Rd Thiensville WI 53092
- Chandra Sheila Unni825 North Prospect Avenue Milwaukee Wisconsin 53202
- Dr. Jacob M Behrens M.D.342 N. Water St #600 Milwaukee WI 53202
- Dr. Allan J Luck M.D.3267 S 16th St Milwaukee WI 53215
- Dr. Ahmed Numaan M.D.3200 Pleasant Valley Rd West Bend WI 53095
- Dr. Jennifer Bleak MD1969 W Hart Rd Beloit WI 53511