Dr. Brian Cronin is a nephrologist practicing in Willow Grove, PA. Dr. Cronin specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Cronin most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Univ of Rochester Sch of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 1997
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- FellowAmerican Society of Nephrology
- Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Nephrology; Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Thos Jefferson University Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Program
Dr. Brian Colum Cronin MD's Practice location
Willow Grove, PA 19090Get Direction
Dr. Brian Colum Cronin MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- How Is Glomerulonephritis Diagnosed?
GlomerulonephritisGlomerulonephritis is the inflammation of kidney filters called glomeruli. These filters are made up of tiny blood vessels that help remove excess fluids, waste from the bloodstream, and electrolytes. This condition can happen on its own or may occur as part of chronic diseases,...
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
- What Is a Kidney Biopsy?
A kidney biopsy, also called renal biopsy, is a medical procedure which involves taking a sample tissue of the kidney for laboratory analysis. This procedure helps your doctor know the type of disease on your kidney, how severe the disease is and the best treatment option. A kidney biopsy is also...
- How to Prevent UTIs
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common infection in any part of the urinary or renal system (urethra, ureters, bladder, and kidneys). In fact, it is the second most common type of infection among adults. Besides being responsible for over 8 million visits to healthcare professionals every year,...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Dr. Yonghong Huan MD3400 Spruce Street Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Karthik P Karanam MD550 N. University Blvd. Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Margaret Patricia Rose M.D.3401 N Broad St Philadelphia PA 19140
- Dr. Edward J Filippone MD2228 S Broad St Philadelphia PA 19145
- Dr. Keith R Superdock MD100 E Lancaster Ave Wynnewood PA 19096
- Dr. Michael R Rudnick MD39th And Market Street Philadelphia PA 19104