Dr. Joseph D Yao M.D.
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology200 1st St SW Rochester MN, 55905
Dr. Joseph Yao is a pathologist practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Yao is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Yao can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Yao may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
University of Manitoba / Faculty of Medicine 1983
University of Manitoba College of Medicine 1986
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Evaluation of the TRUGENE HCV 5'NC genotyping kit with the new GeneLibrarian module 3.1.2 for genotyping of hepatitis C virus from clinical specimens.
- Need for procedural details in the protocol for specimen processing by the MagNA Pure LC Instrument.
- Multicenter evaluation of the VERSANT hepatitis B virus DNA 3.0 assay.
- Automated sample preparation for the TRUGENE HIV-1 genotyping kit using the MagNA pure LC instrument.
- Evaluation of the COBAS TaqMan HCV test with automated sample processing using the MagNA pure LC instrument.
- Evaluation of the MagNA Pure LC used with the TRUGENE HBV Genotyping Kit.
- Evaluation of the invader assay for genotyping hepatitis C virus.
- Quantification of hepatitis B virus (HBV) DNA with a TaqMan HBV analyte-specific reagent following sample processing with the MagNA pure LC instrument.
- Detection of HIV-1 proviral DNA with the AMPLICOR HIV-1 DNA Test, version 1.5, following sample processing by the MagNA Pure LC instrument.
- Simplified PCR protocols for INNO-LiPA HBV Genotyping and INNO-LiPA HBV PreCore assays.
- Lyme disease followed by human granulocytic anaplasmosis in a kidney transplant recipient.
- Impact of the COBAS AmpliPrep/COBAS AMPLICOR HIV-1 MONITOR Test, Version 1.5, on clinical laboratory operations.
- Plasma load discrepancies between the Roche Cobas Amplicor human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) Monitor version 1.5 and Roche Cobas AmpliPrep/Cobas TaqMan HIV-1 assays.
- Comparison of the Abbott realtime human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) assay to the Cobas AmpliPrep/Cobas TaqMan HIV-1 test: workflow, reliability, and direct costs.
- Anomalous quantitation standard growth curves in a laboratory-developed hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA quantification assay using the TaqMan HCV analyte-specific reagent.
- Fellow - Infectious Diseases: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Dr. Joseph D Yao M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Dr. Joseph Peter Grande M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Elizabeth Ann Gilman M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Jason David Pimentel M.B.B.S.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Michael R Henry MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Andrew L Folpe M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Taofic Mounajjed MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905