Dr. Shawn Willson is a psychiatrist practicing in Prairie Village, KS. Dr. Willson is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Willson diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Willson may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Willson treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo-Kansas City Sch of Med, Kansas City Mo 1990
Harvard Medical School 1996
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1990
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Univ Co Hlth Sci Ctr, Addiction Psychiatry Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Psychiatry Atlanta Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- University of Colorado Program A
Dr. Shawn L Willson MD's Practice location
Prairie Village, KS 66208Get Direction
Lees Summit, MO 64086Get Direction
HENDERSONVILLE, NC 28791Get Direction
Dr. Shawn L Willson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The Connection Between Seasonal Affective Disorder and Fibromyalgia
With winter on everyone's doorstep and the snow that comes with it, there are some people who cannot enjoy the winter as much as other people around them.For those who have seasonal affective disorder, they usually do not feel as comfortable as others once the weather changes. Leaves fall, and lands...
- What Causes Binge Eating Disorder?
It is very normal for anyone to overeat once in a while. However, when you start overeating on a daily basis and it starts getting out of control, it is probably time to visit a doctor and get checked for binge eating disorder. It is basically a medical complication that makes you want to eat all...
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- ADHD in Children
ADHD usually develops during childhood, and there have been no cases of the condition occurring in adults who didn’t have it in their childhood. As a result, ADHD is best diagnosed and managed during childhood and for the rest of the life. When it comes to spotting ADHD symptoms in children, the...
- What's a Nymphomaniac?
What is Nymphomania?Nymphomania is a mental and emotional condition in women characterized by a sudden increase or extreme frequency of sexual urges or activity. To differentiate this from promiscuity and lust, the condition features a preoccupation with sex-related thoughts, feelings, or even...
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and More
Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as social phobia, is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person feels excessively fearful of social situations. A person suffering from this disorder lack social skills and has trouble meeting new people, talking to people, and attending social gatherings. They...
- Dr. Michael J Pronko MD4121 W 83 Prairie Village KS 66208
- Dr. Vellore Kirubakaran M.D.4121 W 83rd St Prairie Village KS 66208
- Dr. Judy K. Martin M.D.8201 Mission Rd Prairie Village KS 66208
- Dr. Alaa Elhaj MD4200 Somerset Dr Prairie Village KS 66208
- Mr. John F Lecuyer MD8201 Mission Rd Prairie Village KS 66208
- Dr. Miguel Angel Stamati MD4200 SOMERSET DR PRAIRIE VILLAGE KS 66208