Dr. Elizabeth A. Bacon D.O.
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology1 Childrens Plz Dayton OH, 45404
Dr. Elizabeth Bacon practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Dayton, OH. Dr. Bacon treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
University of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences / College of Osteopathic Medicine 2004
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine 2005
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Central Iowa Health System (Iowa Methodist Medical Center) Program
Dr. Elizabeth A. Bacon D.O.'s Practice location
Dayton, OH 45404Get Direction
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
Dr. Elizabeth A. Bacon D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bacon
- Home Treatments for Croup
Children, especially the younger ones are prone to have croup. It is a viral infection that causes swelling and inflammation of the vocal cords. Croup is characterized by a bad cough that resembles a barking seal and difficulty in breathing. The virus that causes croup is also the same virus that...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Differentiating Croup from Asthma
Croup and asthma are two conditions that involve organs, which are responsible for breathing. Since both conditions affect the respiratory system, it is highly advisable to learn their differences to be able to approach each condition properly.What Is Croup?Croup is typically caused by a virus. It...
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- Dr. Gary A Mueller MDOne Childrens Plaza Dayton OH 45404
- Dr. Rees Livingston Lee M.D.620 John Paul Jones Circle Portsmouth VA 23708
- Dr. Stephen J Wolf M.D.One Children's Plaza Dayton OH 45404
- Dr. James M. Stark M.D.1 Childrens Plz Dayton OH 45404
- Dr. Robert Joseph Fink M.D.1 Childrens Plz Dayton OH 45404