Dr. Nakiya Showell is a pediatrician practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Showell is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Showell diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Showell can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Nakiya Showell M.D.'s Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
Dr. Nakiya Showell M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Schoolboy with Autism Responds to Bullies in a Powerful Way
It is an unfortunate part of life that some children will end up bullying other people their age. Some children seem to have an uncanny ability to hone in on a difference and exploit it, turning it into a weakness and hurting the other kid.Children with autism are especially vulnerable. They are...
- Febrile Seizures Are Linked to Childhood Vaccines
Fevers leading to seizures, or febrile seizures, are terrifying to the parents and as per a new study, these seizures are somehow linked to certain vaccinations administered in childhood. Researchers from Denmark have shown that a combination of vaccines that protect against diseases, like...
- Can Autism Run in the Family?
The answer to the simple question of whether autism runs in the family is not clear. The fact of the matter is that autism most commonly runs in the family and is considered as the most heritable condition among other neuropsychiatric conditions. On the other hand, ASD mainly occurs through de novo...
- How Family Pets can Benefit Children with Autism
Pets are the silent loyal friends who stay with us in our homes, yet their importance goes beyond just being pets. They offer great company and will always stick around no matter what. To children with autism, these animals are not just company; they are companions.In a study conducted on parents of...
- How to Protect Your Child from Getting Head Lice in School
Head lice are grayish insects that feed on human blood extracted from the scalp. Female lice release sticky substances that attach all eggs to specific hair shafts. Eggs are laid a few millimeters from the shaft - an environment that offers the idyllic temperature for incubation.Everyone who comes...
- Dr. Mark Grubb M.D.1706 South Meridian Puyallup Washington 98371
- Dr. James L. Schneller MD1924 South Cedar Street Tacoma Washington 98405
- Dr. Bradley W Kirschner M.D.13950 W Capitol Dr Brookfield WI 53005
- Dr. Richard K Gould MD33501 1st Way S Federal Way WA 98003
- Dr. Majeed Al-mateen MD315 Martin Luther King Jr Way Tacoma WA 98405
- Dr. Rebecca G Taxier M.D.4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105