Dr. Kimberly Peterson is a speech language pathologist practicing in WAUWATOSA, WI. Dr. Peterson specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Peterson evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Peterson helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Kimberly Anne Peterson M.A. CCC-SLP's Practice location
WAUWATOSA, WI 53226Get Direction
Mrs. Kimberly Anne Peterson M.A. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Christine Tracy Anderson10602 N Port Washington Rd Mequon WI 53092
- Cynthia Michalak MS, CCC/SLP10602 N Port Washington Rd Mequon WI 53092
- Melissa A Podewils620 Schoenhaar Dr West Bend WI 53090
- Kristin Jones M.S.10150 W NATIONAL AVE MILWAUKEE WI 53227
- Kendra E Robinson MS, CCC-SLP2895 S MOORLAND RD NEW BERLIN WI 53151
- Amy Unger SLP17280 W North Ave Brookfield WI 53045