Dr. Steven Barker is an anesthesiologist practicing in Tucson, AZ. Dr. Barker ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Barker also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Miami Sch of Med, Miami Fl 1981
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Dr. Barker has published 100 scholarly works including 15 book chapter
- Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Anesthesiology; Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Steven Barker MD, PHD's Practice location
Tucson, AZ 85724Get Direction
Dr. Steven Barker MD, PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barker
- Anti-Inflammatory Drugs for Crohn's Disease
What is Crohn’s Disease?Crohn’s is a chronic case of inflammatory disease that tends to have an impact on the intestines. It mainly leads to breaking of the lining of both the small and the large intestines. This disease also affects the digestive system starting from the mouth to the anus....
- What to Expect During Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
What does CBT involve?The CBT sessionsThere are individual and group sessions. Some sessions are on hand books or even computer programs. Nowadays, you can connect to a therapist online.If you opt for individual CBT:...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Charles M. Bazzell1501 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724
- Dr. Mohab M Ibrahim MD., PH.D.1501 N Campell Tucson AZ 85724
- Dr. Robert G Loeb MD1501 N. Campbell Avenue Tucson AZ 85724
- Dr. Craig M Palmer MD1501 N Campbell Ave Tucson AZ 85724
- Dr. Stuart Hameroff MD1501 N Campbell Ave Tucson AZ 85724
- Dr. Jong H Lee MD1501 N Campbell Ave Tucson AZ 85724