Dr. Donna S Hummell MD
Allergist and Immunologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Allergy/Immunology310 25th Ave North Suite 204 Nashville TN, 37203
Dr. Donna Hummell practices Pediatric Allergy Medicine in Nashville, TN. A pediatric allergist/immunologist finds and treats allergies and immune system problems that child patients suffer from. Dr. Hummell treats the reactions caused by pet dander, pollen, dust, mold spores, insect stings, food, and medications; those reactions include asthma, hay fever, hives, eczema, or a very severe and unusual reaction called anaphylaxis.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins Univ Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1980
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Scurvy presenting as painful gait with bruising in a young boy.
- Eosinophilic esophagitis: an allergist's approach.
- Diverticulitis in a young man with hyper-IgE syndrome.
- Pediatric eosinophilic esophagitis: the Vanderbilt experience.
- Differentiation of human B lymphocyte subpopulations induced by an alloreactive helper T-cell clone.
- Bacterial lipoteichoic acid sensitizes host cells for destruction by autologous complement.
- The fixation of C3b to pneumococcal cell wall polymers as a result of activation of the alternative complement pathway.
- The role of T-cell receptors in health and disease.
- Dietary lipids and immune function.
- Coordinate transcriptional control of murine endogenous retrovirus and Ig genes during B cell differentiation.
- Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, Allergy And Immunology; Johns Hopkins Hosp, Pediatrics; Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Med, Pediatrics
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
Dr. Donna S Hummell MD's Practice location
Nashville, TN 37203Get Direction
NASHVILLE, TN 37204Get Direction
Dr. Donna S Hummell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hummell
- When Is Allergy Season?
Allergy season would mainly depend on the underlying factor of what individuals are allergic to and where they live. If an individual is suffering from a seasonal allergy or hay fever, then tree pollens could trigger the allergic reaction in the season of spring or late winter. If you are allergic...
- How Is Lupus Diagnosed?
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disorder that develops when your organs and tissues are attacked by your own immune system. Lupus causes inflammation in numerous organs, such as the heart, skin, blood cells, joints, lungs, brain, and kidneys.It can be quite hard to diagnose lupus since its signs and...
- All About Wasp Stings
IntroductionA wasp is an insect that belongs to the order of Hymenoptera and suborder Apocrita. Wasps can be identified from bees and ants through their physical and behavioral characteristics. They have a slimmer and smooth body with few hairs. Wasps are also parasitic and predatory in nature....
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- Is Asthma Allergy-Induced?
The allergens which cause sneezing and watery eyes in many people, are the ones responsible for asthma attacks in few others. It can be stated without the shred of a doubt that allergies trigger the most commonly suffered chronic conditions in the United States. The connection between allergies and...
- Are there any Contradictions for Alternative Treatment of Mumps?
Mumps is a viral infection which causes swelling of the salivary glands. The patient’s throat and neck swells up making it difficult for them to talk or eat. Although it is not contagious like chicken pox and measles, mumps is a common disease which affects a person once. If there are no other...
- Dr. Allison Norton MD2611 W End Ave Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Eva Kathryn Miller MD, MPH2601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Steven Mark Tate MD2001 Mallory Ln Franklin TN 37067
- Dr. Yasmin West Khan MD719 THOMPSON LANE VANDERBILT ONE HUNDRED OAKS NASHVILLE TN 37204
- Dr. Stacy Dorris MD719 THOMPSON LN NASHVILLE TN 37204