Susheel K Sharma M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease1401 Madison Park Dr Glen Burnie MD, 21061
Dr. Susheel Sharma is a cardiologist practicing in Glen Burnie, MD. Dr. Sharma specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Sharma also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Sarojini Naidu Medical College M.D. 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Top 10 Doctor 2014 Metro Area
- Patients' Choice Award 2013, 2015 Patients' Choice
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2013, 2015-16 Compassionate Doctor
- Cardiology Consultation
- Nuclear Cardiac Stress Testing
- Exercise Treadmill Stress testing
- Carotid Duplex Ultrasound
- Holter And Event Monitoring
- Patient Education with Emphasis on Lipid Management and Cardiac Disease
- Peripheral Arterial Vascular Ultrasound
- Mobile Cardiac Telemetry (MCT)
- Device (Defibrillator and Pacemaker) remote and in-office monitoring
- 12 Lead Electrocardiogram
- Heart Failure
- Chest Pain
- Heart Attack Prevention
- Varicose Veins
- Spider Veins
- Form Sclerotherapy
- Radio Frequency Endovenous Ablation
- Stab Microphlebectomy
- Leg Pain
- Leg Swelling
- Board Certified Board Certified in Cardiology
- Fellow American College of Cardiology
- Professional Member American College Phlebology
- Professional Member Royal College Physicians of UK
- Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan Interventional Cardiology 1991
- Leeds and Manchester University Hospitals, England Cardiology 1989
Susheel K Sharma M.D.'s Practice location
Glen Burnie, MD 21061Get Direction
Susheel K Sharma M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sharma
- M. k.
- J. s.
Re: Dr Sharma.
- What is the DASH diet?
DASH, or Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, is a flexible eating plan developed by experts to lower blood pressure. Although the diet was developed for people with hypertension, it was found to be effective in losing weight, and also in reducing diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and other health...
- Diagnosing Heart Palpitations
What are heart palpitations?Heart palpitations are when you start feeling your own heart beating. You will feel as if your heart is beating too fast, slow, forcefully, or irregularly. You will feel as if you missed a beat. The frequency and severity of heart palpitations will vary from one person to...
- Taking Plavix and Root Canal Treatment
Generic Name: ClopidogrelBrand Name: PlavixWhat is Plavix?Plavix is a drug that prevents the platelets in the blood from sticking together, thereby avoiding the formation of blood clots. There can be unwanted cases of blood clots, which can occur in cases of heart diseases or blood vessel...
- The Signs of Stroke in Women
Stroke is found to be the third leading cause of death in women around the world. As women generally live longer than men, the effects of a stroke affect women more than men. Women also live longer in a healthcare facility after having a stroke than men do. Women are more prone to a stroke...
- Arterial Disease is Constantly Undiagnosed in Women
Many women in United States is having peripheral artery disease (PAD), out of which, many are not diagnosed. The American Heart Association has called for a ‘Go Red for Women’ campaign to have increased participation to identify and diagnose this disease in women. The association also invites...
- Fried Foods Aren't as Dangerous as We Thought
Spanish researchers have found that foods fried in healthier oils, like olive or sunflower oil, may not cause heart disease and premature death. The study was conducted on 40,000 adults who were followed up for 11 years to track the food intake and risk of heart disease. Although the study brings...
- Jeffrey Rottman MD22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Rakesh Sahni M.D.7474 Greenway Center Dr Greenbelt MD 20770
- Nachum M Pfeffer MD6918 RIDGE RD BALTIMORE MD 21237
- Emerson Walden, Jr.301 St. Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202
- Feroz Padder7350 Van Dusen Rd Laurel MD 20707
- Stephanie Schwalm Jacobs M.D.2002 Medical Parkway Annapolis Maryland 21401