Dr. Ruchir Patel practices Sleep Medicine in Chicago, IL. Dr. Patel studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland - Medical University of Bahrain 2007
- Henry Ford Hospital Program
Dr. Ruchir Pravin Patel M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Get Direction
Dr. Ruchir Pravin Patel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Do You Suffer from Somnolence?
What is somnolence?Somnolence is also referred to as sleepiness or drowsiness. It is a state of having a strong desire to sleep or sleeping for unusually long periods of time. The term somnolence comes from the Latin word somnus, which means sleep. Somnolence can be accompanied by signs of...
- How to Tell if You Have a Sleep Disorder
Excessive sleepiness seems to be increasing among people, according to a report by the National Sleep Foundation. In recent a poll conducted by the organization, 20% of Americans reported to have under six hours of sleep on average. This figure was just 13% in 2001. “This is basically because of...
- Holistic Treatment for Restless Legs Syndrome
Restless legs syndrome is usually treated with lifestyle changes as well as medication. RLS causes people to experience unusual sensations in the legs while resting. These sensations can come in the form of:• Creepy-crawling feeling• Burning• Throbbing • PullingThese unpleasant feelings...
- Can You Prevent Insomnia?
How to prevent Insomnia?Insomnia is a condition where one lacks sleep or finds it difficult to fall asleep. Approximately every person gets this type of disease as he or she grows towards old age. This condition mostly comes up from stress, poor dieting, having depression or feeling tired after long...
- Fitbit Looks into Inventing New Device to Detect Sleep Apnea
Fitbit is an industry that is designed to help people track their progress to becoming healthier. Their products are easy to use, connect to devices like a smartphone, and help the wearer track their steps, heart rate, and much more. This convenience helps people to know where they need to push...
- How Is Restless Legs Syndrome Diagnosed?
Restless legs syndrome (RLS) will interfere with your sleep patterns. Therefore, it can be regarded as a sleep disorder. Restless legs syndrome usually affects the legs. However, it can affect your arms, head, and neck. If you have RLS, you might experience unusual leg sensations and involuntary...
- Dr. Erika S Kahan M.D.2800 N Sheridan Rd Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Vadim Leyenson MD2800 N Sheridan Rd Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Kathia A. Ortiz-cantillo M.D,4410 Medical Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Kuljeet Gill MD800 Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village IL 60007
- Dr. Oksana V Shulzhenko M.D.302 Randall Rd Geneva IL 60134
- Ms. Ramona Nicoleta Ionita M.D.316 Martin L King Jr Way Tacoma WA 98405