Dr. Stephen E. Hall MD
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry401 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA, 94143
Dr. Stephen Hall is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Hall specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Hall helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medicine Research, Pondicherry University 1988
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Univ Ca Sf Med Ctr, Psychiatry
- University of California, San Francisco 1992
- UCSF Medical Center 1993
Dr. Stephen E. Hall MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94112Get Direction
Dr. Stephen E. Hall MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hall
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Cynthia Resendez Other1010 Gough St San Francisco CA 94109
- Dr. Herbert G. Lau MD3428 Sacramento St San Francisco CA 94118
- Dr. Joseph Emmanuel M.D.1940 Webster St Oakland CA 94612
- Dr. Zeba Hasan Hafeez MDLangley Porter Psychiatric San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Elliott Martin Stein M.D.302 Silver Ave San Francisco CA 94112
- Dr. Akbar Gilani M.D.20055 Lake Chabot Rd Castro Valley CA 94546