Dr. Byron Lindsey is a psychiatrist practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Lindsey is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Lindsey diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Lindsey may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Lindsey treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Administrative Medicine
- MemberAssociation of Directors of Medical Student Education in Psychiatry
- Member American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry
- Member NC Psychiatric Association
- Member American Psychiatric Association
- UNC Hospitals 1988
Dr. Byron A Lindsey MD's Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27599Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Dr. Byron A Lindsey MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a psychotherapy treatment that involves a direct and practical approach to solving problems. It is short-term and focuses on changing the behavioral and thinking patterns of an individual so as to change the way he or she is feeling. It has proved to be...
- Reading to Your Children: The Path to Healthy Kids
Storytelling is a vehicle for parents to bond with their children, while instilling values and character traits. Making time for a 15 minute story is a great way to directly connect with your children.Storytelling is a tradition as old as human history. The stories of Aesop may come to mind. The...
- Side Effects of Trintellix
What is Trintellix?Trintellix is an antidepressant used for the treatment of a type of mental disorder called major depressive disorder (MDD). The common side effects of this medication are:...
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Repetitive and Self-Injurious Behaviors
Autism disordersPatients who are diagnosed with autism have certain challenges, such as having difficulty in learning language, as well as communication, and an incapability of understanding body language and expressions. They are uncomfortable in new social surroundings and with social behavior, in...
- Dr. Victoria M Payne M.D., M.S943 West Andrews Ave Henderson NC 27536
- Reshmi Saranga M.B.B.S.1021 W Williams St Apex NC 27502
- Lakshmi S. Kamaraju Durham North Carolina 27707
- Dr. Natasha Tania Cunningham M.D.Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Gopal Kumar Rakesh813 Marilee Glen Ct Durham NC 27705
- Dr. Seamus Michael Bhatt-mackin M.D.508 Fulton St Durham NC 27705