Dr. Cook celebrates more than 40 years' experience in his professional network, and has been noted for achievements, leadership qualities, and the credentials and successes his has accrued in his field. Currently semi-retired caring for neuroimmunologic diseases in Mesa and rehabilitation patients in Yuma.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1968
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Neuropathology
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Jay D. Cook M.D.'s Expert Contributions
- Member American Academy of Neurology
- Duke University Med Center
- Duke University Medical Center 1969
- National Institutes of Health 1973
- Duke University Hospital Program
- Duke University (Pediatrics)
- National Institutes of Health (Neuro Immunology and Neuromuscular Medicine)
Articles and Publications
- Published more than 50 Articles and 24 other Published Works
What do you attribute your success to?
- His father, who encouraged and inspired him.
Hobbies / Sports
- Spending Time With His 11 Grandkids
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Child Neurology
Dr. Jay D. Cook M.D.'s Practice location
Yuma, AZ 85364Get Direction
Flower Mound, Texas 75022Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Jay D. Cook M.D. | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Jay D. Cook M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cook
- Michael " chase"
An angel in my son's precious life. A real doctor, not ever being negative. Positive was the only answer! January 24, 1986 - January 3, 2005 R.I. P Chase Davison (Prader Willie Syndrome)
- Allergy Reality Launches Tools for Advocating and Educating Those with Food Sensitivities
The beginning of a new school year is an exciting time for students and parents alike. Many students look forward to meeting up with friends and sharing about their summer vacation adventures. Also, there’s the prospect of meeting new teachers and learning more about the world around them as well...
- Why Swimming Lessons Are Crucial for Children with Autism
It is important for any child to learn how to swim, but it is especially important for those with autism due to tendencies to wander towards water.Sayed's storySayed Ashraaf Ali Sayed Imran is five years old and has autism. He is absolutely in love with anything that has to do with water. Anyone who...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- What Are the Complications of Mumps?
Mumps is a contagious illness caused by a virus. It can be passed through direct contact from one person to another. There are numerous problems that come along with mumps. They can be worrying, but they aren’t very serious and often improve as the illness passes. Common complications...
- What is Diaper Rash?
Diaper rash is a skin problem that develops in the area beneath the diaper. Appearance of this condition ranges from irritated, reddish skin to pimples and blisters in the diaper area. In mild cases, the skin will be slightly reddish in color and warm to touch. For some infants, it appears in the...
- Is the MMR Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
It is natural to be concerned about whether immunization is safe for your child or not. However, doctors recommend getting children immunized because vaccines are thoroughly checked before they are licensed for use. The measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine is the most effective way to protect...
- Dr. Jose Labib Munoz M.D.1896 BABBIT LN SAN LUIS AZ 85349
- Dr. Jean M. Amon M.D.1896 E. Babbit Ln San Luis AZ 85349
- Dr. Roderic Joel Hartman M.D.1896 E BABBITT LANE SAN LUIS AZ 85349
- Dr. Daniel Wayne Crawford MD2359 22nd Drive Yuma AZ 85364
- Dr. Emilia Matos M.D.1073 W 23rd St Yuma AZ 85364
- Dr. Habib Elias Rathle MD1025 W 24th St Yuma AZ 85364