Dr. Cook celebrates more than 40 years' experience in his professional network, and has been noted for achievements, leadership qualities, and the credentials and successes his has accrued in his field. Currently semi-retired caring for neuroimmunologic diseases in Mesa and rehabilitation patients in Yuma.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1968
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Neuropathology
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Jay D. Cook M.D.'s Expert Contributions
- Member American Academy of Neurology
- Duke University Med Center
- Duke University Medical Center 1969
- National Institutes of Health 1973
- Duke University Hospital Program
- Duke University (Pediatrics)
- National Institutes of Health (Neuro Immunology and Neuromuscular Medicine)
Articles and Publications
- Published more than 50 Articles and 24 other Published Works
What do you attribute your success to?
- His father, who encouraged and inspired him.
Hobbies / Sports
- Spending Time With His 11 Grandkids
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Child Neurology
- Banner Desert Medical Center ( Mesa, AZ )
- Yuma Regional Medical Center ( Yuma, AZ )
Dr. Jay D. Cook M.D.'s Practice location
Yuma, AZ 85364Get Direction
Flower Mound, Texas 75022Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Jay D. Cook M.D. | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Jay D. Cook M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cook
- Michael " chase"
An angel in my son's precious life. A real doctor, not ever being negative. Positive was the only answer! January 24, 1986 - January 3, 2005 R.I. P Chase Davison (Prader Willie Syndrome)
- Obese Children Can Reduce Their Risk for Heart Disease
In a new study, researchers analyzed data from four different studies to see if childhood obesity results in an increased risk of heart disease and other health problems. Results of the study, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, showed that obese children who cut down weight and reach...
- Everything About Oral Thrush
What is oral thrush? How does oral thrush develop? What are the risk factors of developing oral thrush? What are the signs and symptoms of oral thrush? Is there treatment for oral thrush? And if it is there, what is it? These are just but some of the questions you may be asking yourself and are yet...
- What Is Seborrheic Dermatitis?
What is seborrheic dermatitis?Seborrheic dermatitis, or seborrhea, is a common skin disease that has no known direct cause. It is characterized by a red, itchy rash on the skin, often on the scalp, with scaly patches that flake off. It looks similar to eczema, psoriasis or an allergic reaction....
- What Are Roundworms?
What are roundworms?Roundworms are a type of parasitic worms that infect the human intestine. Roundworms may vary and size and have a characteristic long, round body. These parasitic worms can cause a number of health problems in humans. They can enter the human body through the mouth and direct...
- Brown Rice Syrup Can Increase Your Risk for Different Medical Conditions
Organic brown rice syrup may increase the risk of heart disease and cancer due to the increase of arsenic in the body, according to researchers. Brown rice syrup is a very popular sweetener for many individual's who must eat gluten free. Adding this syrup to any food or beverage may increase levels...
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- Dr. Jose Labib Munoz M.D.3531 West 13th Place Yuma Arizona 85364
- Dr. Bernadette R Rosenberg DOOne Indian Hill Road Winterhaven CA 92283
- Dr. Isabel Pilar Bellot MD2851 S Ave B Yuma AZ 85364
- Dr. Kanka Karmakar M.D.2060 W 24th St Yuma AZ 85364
- Dr. Jean M. Amon M.D.1896 E. Babbit Ln San Luis AZ 85349
- Dr. Roderic Joel Hartman M.D.2650 S Bristol St Santa Ana CA 92704