Dr. Zaher Iskandarani is an internist practicing in Salyersville, KY. Dr. Iskandarani specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Iskandarani provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Aleppo University Faculty of Med Syria,Syria 1990
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Englewood Hosp, Internal Medicine Brooklyn Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Zaher Iskandarani MD's Practice location
Salyersville, KY 41465Get Direction
MIDDLESBORO, KY 40965Get Direction
Dr. Zaher Iskandarani MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Is My Diarrhea Caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
What is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common gut disorder. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unlike inflammatory bowel disease and differs from other bowel conditions. It is a group of several symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, cramping, constipation,...
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- Mono vs. Strep Throat Symptoms
OverviewA sore throat is often caused by the common cold, which can be a mild condition that resolves on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, there are also other causes of sore throats, such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis or mono, which is caused by...
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- What Is Mupirocin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, and Interactions
Generic Name: Mupirocin TopicalBrand Name(s): Bactroban, Centany AT Kit or CentanyWhat is mupirocin?Mupirocin topical is an antibiotic used to prevent the growth of bacteria on the skin. This topical antibiotic is often used for the treatment of impetigo and other skin infections caused by Staph...
- Dr. Keith Phillip Webb MD93 Pickett Ln Prestonsburg KY 41653
- Dr. Loey J Kousa MD538 Main Street Paintsville KY 41240
- Dr. Troy Donald Sommerville MD5230 Ky Route 321 Prestonsburg KY 41653
- Dr. Ayesha M Sikder M.D.5230 Ky Route 321 Prestonsburg KY 41653
- Dr. Anthony C Stumbo MD5000 Ky Rt 321 Prestonsburg KY 41653
- Dr. Mark Paul Caruso MD713 Broadway St Paintsville KY 41240