Dr. Michael John Pearce MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease1055 N 300 W Suite 500 Provo UT, 84604
Dr. Michael Pearce practices Pulmonology in Provo, UT. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Pearce manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1989
Saint Louis University School of Medicine 1989
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2018
- Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage due to Legionella pneumonia.
- Self-compartmentalized bacterial proteases and pathogenesis.
- Identification of substrates of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis proteasome.
- Characterization of the proteasome accessory factor (paf) operon in Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Ubiquitin-like protein involved in the proteasome pathway of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Prokaryotic ubiquitin-like protein (Pup) proteome of Mycobacterium tuberculosis [corrected] .
- Prokaryotic ubiquitin-like protein provides a two-part degron to Mycobacterium proteasome substrates.
- Clinical course of ICU patients with severe pandemic 2009 influenza A (H1N1) pneumonia: single center experience with proning and pressure release ventilation.
- Member American College of Physicians
- Member American Thoracic Society
- Member Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Pulmonary Diseases; Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University of Utah Affiliated Hospitals 1989
- University of Utah Program
- University of Utah Medical Center - Salt Lake City, UT in Pulmonary Medicine 1992
Dr. Michael John Pearce MD's Practice location
Provo, UT 84604Get Direction
Dr. Michael John Pearce MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pearce
- COPD: Know the Signs and Symptoms – Pink Puffers and Blue Bloaters
COPD is a chronic lung condition that makes it difficult for you to breathe. Know about the signs and symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), Blue Bloater and Pink puffer do not develop until the later stages of this disease. COPD is a term used to describe progressive lung...
- What Is Bibasilar Atelectasis?
IntroductionOur lungs are one of the hardest working organs in the body. Each minute, our lungs expand and contract up to 20 times. This is done to exchange carbon dioxide with oxygen. An obstruction in this process is called as bibasilar atelectasis, which is a life-threatening condition. It...
- Pneumonia in an Immunocompromised Patient
Pneumonia as a disease was once dreaded, since most of the cases would turn out to be fatal. This was many years ago, and with medical advances, times have changed. However, in some severe cases of pneumonia, especially in people with weakened immune systems, the disease can still be fatal. If the...
- Choir Members with Cystic Fibrosis Record Album but Can’t Sing Together
A team of organizers reached out to the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, a Scottish charity foundation in Scotland, in order to see if they could recruit a small group of adolescents with cystic fibrosis for an album that they were working on called “Stand Together.”Unfortunately, due to the nature of...
- How Long Does Acute Bronchitis Last? How to Treat and Prevent
Bronchial tubes, which are an important part of the respiratory system, perform an important function of exchanging air to and from the lungs. However, sometimes due to various triggers, these bronchial tubes can get inflamed causing a mucus build-up. The symptoms like coughing and dyspnea that are...
- What Is Asthma: Get the Facts
Asthma is a lung condition where the lung bronchioles constrict and get filled with mucus, narrowing the passage for air to pass through. It is a non-curable condition. However, the symptoms can be suppressed with proper medication, exercise (as prescribed by the doctor, or else, doing inappropriate...
- Dr. Matthew Black Sperry M.D.1055 N 300 W Provo UT 84604
- Dr. Douglas S Ross MD1055 N 300 W Provo UT 84604
- Dr. Tracy A Hill MD1055 N 300 W Provo UT 84604
- Dr. William Taylor Alward MD1055 N 300 W Provo UT 84604
- Dr. Samer Abdelwahab Saleh M.D.1055 N 300 W PROVO UT 84604
- Dr. Clark Thorpe Bishop MD1055 N 300 W Provo UT 84604