Dr. Mark Suhrland is a pathologist practicing in Bronx, NY. Dr. Suhrland is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Suhrland can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Suhrland may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1981
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Cytopathology
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- 1986
- Cervical papanicolaou smear abnormalities and Chlamydia trachomatis in sexually active adolescent females.
- Role of US-guided fine-needle aspiration with on-site cytopathologic evaluation in management of nonpalpable breast lesions.
- HepPar1, MOC-31, pCEA, mCEA and CD10 for distinguishing hepatocellular carcinoma vs. metastatic adenocarcinoma in liver fine needle aspirates.
- Neuroblastoma presenting as acute lymphoblastic leukemia but correctly diagnosed after orbital fine-needle aspiration biopsy.
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy in the diagnosis of lymphoma.
- The prognostic significance of nuclear DNA content in malignant epithelial tumors of the ovary.
- Recurrent Immunodeficiency-Associated Burkitt Lymphoma Presenting as Severe Anterior Uveitis.
- The ATHENA HPV study underrepresents "other" high-risk HPV genotypes when compared with a diverse New York City population.
- Assessment of fine needle aspiration as a screening test for occult prostatic carcinoma.
- Effects of ultrasound on ultrastructure of human testes.
- Deletion of the short arm of chromosome 3: a case report with necropsy findings.
- Small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the endometrium.
- Papillary neoplasms of the breast: fine-needle aspiration findings in cystic and solid cases.
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of peripheral lymph node cryptococcosis. A report of three cases.
- Metastatic malignant neoplasms and secondary lymphomatous involvement of the breast: a study of 43 cases.
- Atypical hyperplasia and other abnormalities of prostatic epithelium.
- Esophageal carcinoma metastatic to the retina. Diagnosis of a case by cytologic
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of orbital masses.
- Exfoliative respiratory cytology in the diagnosis of leukemias and lymphomas in the lung.
- Cytologic criteria for the brush diagnosis of gastric adenocarcinoma.
- Urine cytology of primary and secondary urinary bladder adenocarcinoma.
- Nyu Hospitals Center, Pediatrics
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Mark J Suhrland MD's Practice location
Bronx, NY 10467Get Direction
Dr. Mark J Suhrland MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Carlos Cordon-Cardo1468 Madison Avenue New York New York 10029
- Kenneth R. Ong MD56-45 Main Street Flushing New York 11355
- Ecaterina Tamas445 Main Avenue Wood Bridge New Jersey 7075
- Nicos Nicolaou43-15 160th St Queens NY 11358
- Dr. Marina Gerber MD1 Malcolm Ave Teterboro NJ 07608
- Dr. Wei Sun M.D.530 1st Avenue New York New York 10016