Dr. M Ashraf Meelu M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology10 Saint Patricks Dr Suite 408 Waldorf MD, 20603
Dr. M Meelu is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Waldorf, MD. Dr. Meelu specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Punjab Med Coll, Univ of Punjab, Faisalabad, Pakistan 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Dr. M Ashraf Meelu M.D.'s Practice location
Waldorf, MD 20603Get Direction
WALDORF, MD 20603Get Direction
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- The Link Between Melatonin and Lymphoma
There’s always room for improvement when it comes to the experience and outcomes of cancer treatment. Fortunately, scientists are constantly researching new, better ways to do so. Although standard treatment remains mostly the same for now, the medical community is making great strides in...
- Morphos Declared a "Breakthrough Therapy" for Lymphoma
MorphoSys’s main objective is to design exceptional and unique biopharmaceuticals, all designed to enhance the lives of patients suffering from severe or life-threatening conditions.The human body has two types of lymphocytes that can develop into lymphomas: B lymphocytes (B cells) and T...
- Woman Who Battled Lymphoma Three Times Starts Support Group
Battling cancer is just that - a battle. To make it through once is an incredible feat, but one Virginia Beach woman survived the terrible condition three times. Now, she is starting a support group so other women can have the incredible outcome she had as well.Lynne's storyUnfortunately, most...
- Little Boy Tugs at Heartstrings of Entire Community: Be the Match!
Danny Feltwell, a young six-year-old boy, was diagnosed with T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma when he was just two years old. After undergoing countless procedures and just four months from being considered fully cured, Danny relapsed and had to be re-hospitalized. The doctors found that a large tumor...
- Mr. T's Lessons on Life and Lymphoma
There are several things that Mr. T is known for, including his career as a WWF wrestler and his role as B.A. Baracus in the hit series ‘The A-Team’. To this day, he continues to remain a fun and stylish icon of the 80s. Nevertheless, Mr. T is not only known for his appearances on television,...
- Navid Mokhtari amirmajdi MD2079 DANIEL STUART SQ WOODBRIDGE VA 22191
- Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich M.D.4660 Kenmore Ave Alexandria VA 22304
- Dr. Divyang J Trivedi M.D.8101 Hinson Farm Rd Alexandria VA 22306
- Dr. Leroy Smith MD5226 Dawes Ave Alexandria VA 22311
- Dr. Saji Eapen MD2280 Opitz Blvd Woodbridge VA 22191
- Dr. Cyril A. Allen M.D., MSPH7801 Branch Ave. Clinton MD 20735