Dr. Edmund rutherford J Rutherford MD
Proctologist3024 New Bern Ave Raleigh NC, 27610
Dr. Edmund rutherford Rutherford is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Raleigh, NC. Dr. Rutherford specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Rutherford often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
- Needle thoracostomy may not be indicated in the trauma patient.
- The incidence and significance of free air after percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy.
- Base deficit stratifies mortality and determines therapy.
- High-level positive end-expiratory pressure management in trauma-associated adult
- Synchronized independent lung ventilation in the management of a unilateral pulmonary contusion with massive hemoptysis.
- The role of the surgeon in the care of the critically ill or injured patient.
- Timing of pulmonary emboli after trauma: implications for retrievable vena cava filters.
- Performance of a dose-defining insulin infusion protocol among trauma service intensive care unit admissions.
- Acute Physiology and Chronic Health Evaluation (APACHE II) score and outcome in the surgical intensive care unit: an analysis of multiple intervention and outcome variables in 1,238 patients.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm infected with Campylobacter fetus subspecies fetus.
- Health literacy and the perception of risk in a breast cancer family history clinic.
- Aggressive use of ICP monitoring is safe and alters patient care.
- The white blood cell response to splenectomy and bacteraemia.
- Gastric tonometry supplements information provided by systemic indicators of oxygen transport.
- Base deficit as a guide to injury severity and volume resuscitation.
- Preload assessment in trauma patients during large-volume shock resuscitation.
- The trauma celiotomy: the evolving concepts of damage control.
- Effects on pulmonary physiology of reamed femoral intramedullary nailing in an open-chest sheep model.
- Reamed intramedullary femoral nailing after induction of an "ARDS-like" state in sheep: effect on clinically applicable markers of pulmonary function.
- Elective bedside surgery in critically injured patients is safe and cost-effective.
- The futility of chest roentgenograms following routine central venous line changes.
Dr. Edmund rutherford J Rutherford MD's Practice location
Raleigh, NC 27610Get Direction
Goldsboro, NC 27531Get Direction
Dr. Edmund rutherford J Rutherford MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rutherford
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?
What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is an infection of the prostate which causes abnormal growth of cells on the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is known to inhabit the body of an individual for a long time before displaying any symptoms. During the first...
- Anal Fissures: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Risks
An anal fissure is a the tear or ulcer in the anal canal’s lining. The anal canal forms the end of the large bowel and lies between the rectum and the anus.Symptoms of Anal FissureThe following are the most prominent symptoms of anal fissures:...
- What is a Virtual Colonoscopy?
Also referred to as a VC, a virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test that detects polyps, cancer or other disorders in the colon. Colonography is the medical term for this test.How It's DoneThere is a difference between an ordinary colonoscopy and a virtual colonoscopy. The ordinary colonoscopy uses a...
- What Is an Anal Fissure?
What is an anal fissure?The anal canal is a short tube surrounded by muscle at the end of the rectum. An anal fissure is a small crack, tear, or rip in the anal canal lining. Anal fissure is often very small, but can cause you severe pain. The pain gets worse after passing stool and normally last...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Dr. Sankar Naidu Adusumilli MD2501 Atrium Dr Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Eric David Duberman M.D.155 Parkway Office Ct Cary NC 27518
- Dr. Frank J Wessels MD3814 Browning Pl Raleigh NC 27609
- Dr. Laura Kathleen Altom M.D.1505 SW Cary Parkway Cary NC 27511
- Dr. Reza Rahbar M.D.Department Of Surgery 4035 Burnett Womack Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Richard G Saleeby MD3814 Browning Pl Raleigh NC 27609