Dr. Kathryn Kim Selmo MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry7590 Lyric Ln Ne Minneapolis MN, 55432
Dr. Kathryn Selmo is a psychiatrist practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Selmo is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Selmo diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Selmo may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Selmo treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1990
- Univ Of Mn Med Sch, Psychiatry; Univ Of Mn Med Sch, Neurology; Abbott-Nwestern/Allina Hlth Sy, Internal Medicine
- Abbott Nwestern/Allina Health Sy
Dr. Kathryn Kim Selmo MD's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55432Get Direction
Dr. Kathryn Kim Selmo MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Selmo
- Depression and Sex: How Depression Can Affect Your Sex Life
Maslow’s theory of needs describes sex as one of the basic requirements of human beings. The feelings of pleasure and contentment experienced during sex are rooted in the brain. Contrary to popular belief, our brain is the primary sex organ. When an individual indulges in sexual activity, our sex...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- Is ADHD More Common Among Boys or Girls?
Why are boys diagnosed with ADHD more often?Despite both genders being at equal risk, boys tend to be diagnosed more often because the symptoms they display due to the illness are more obvious and easily spotted. Boys display externalized symptoms, such as running around a little too much or...
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and More
Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as social phobia, is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person feels excessively fearful of social situations. A person suffering from this disorder lack social skills and has trouble meeting new people, talking to people, and attending social gatherings. They...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- What Is Akathisia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a feeling of anxiety or restlessness. Its symptoms tend to overlap with the symptoms of other physical and psychological disorders. The diagnosis depends on a very subjective feeling of restlessness. Hence, recognizing akathisia can be somewhat tricky. Movement...
- Dr. Faruk Said Abuzzahab M.D., PHD3100 W Lake St Minneapolis Minnesota 55416
- Dr. Sujit R Varma MD5346 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis MN 55416
- L. Read Sulik1934 Hennepin Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55403
- Nancy Kermath Minnesota 55403
- Dr. Alex Uspensky MD5851 DULUTH STREET GOLDEN VALLEY MN 55422
- Lee H. Beecher6600 Excelsior Blvd. St. Louis Park Minnesota 55426