Dr. James Watkins is a general surgeon practicing in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Watkins specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Watkins provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Meharry Med Coll Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1976
Meharry Medical College 1976
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Venous Insufficiency
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Leg Ulcer
- Vascular Disease
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, General Surgery
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center Program
Dr. James A. Watkins M.D.'s Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28207Get Direction
Charlotte, NC 28209Get Direction
Dr. James A. Watkins M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Watkins
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Incisional Hernia: Get the Facts
An incisional hernia arises when abdominal tissue begins to poke through a soft spot in the wall of the abdomen. This type of hernia only occurs as the result of the incision made in a prior abdominal surgery. An incisional hernia may be the result of poor healing, infection, or technical problems a...
- How to Prepare for a Tonsillectomy
What Is a Tonsillectomy?The tonsils are a very important part of your body. They are located in two glands at the back of your throat. In your younger years, they help produce antibodies that help you fight infections that attack your body. Sometimes, however, the tonsils themselves can get...
- What Is an Umbilical Hernia Surgery?
An umbilical hernia operation is a surgical procedure that repairs an umbilical hernia issue. A hernia is a protrusion that usually appears in the abdomen. The bulging effect is due to the intestines or bowels trying to push their way out of the abdominal walls via the weak spots. Although commonly...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Dr. Sandra Schultz MD1038 Xray Drive Gastonia North Carolina 28054
- Dr. Steven A Weston MD2131 Ayrsley Town Blvd Charlotte NC 28273
- Dr. Philip A Visser MD1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- Dr. Obinna Nnaemeka Eruchalu MD1928 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Paula A Lundgren MD660 Summit Crossing Place Gastonia NC 28054
- Dr. Michael H Thomason MD1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203