Dr. James Watkins is a general surgeon practicing in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Watkins specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Watkins provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Meharry Med Coll Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1976
Meharry Medical College 1976
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Venous Insufficiency
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Leg Ulcer
- Vascular Disease
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, General Surgery
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center Program
Dr. James A. Watkins M.D.'s Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28207Get Direction
Charlotte, NC 28209Get Direction
Dr. James A. Watkins M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Watkins
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cholecystectomy
A cholecystectomy is a type of surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Although the gallbladder’s function is to store bile, which helps in your digestion, you can still live a healthy life without it. Gallbladder removal through surgery is the most effective treatment in dealing with gallbladder...
- What Is Lipoma: Causes, Lipoma Removal, and What’s Involved?
What is a lipoma?Lipoma is the most common benign tissue tumor that occurs in almost 1 percent of the population. A lipoma consists of mature fat cells. Typically, a lipoma is enclosed by a thin fibrous capsule. Usually, lipomas develop superficially under the skin, but they can also occur anywhere...
- What Are the Risks to Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement surgery is a medical procedure that is aimed to treat a knee joint that has been damaged due to arthritis or other complications. Arthritis is a condition that results from the breakdown of joint cartilage plus the underlying bone. Knee replacement surgery is used when other means...
- What to Expect After a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopic ProcedureA laparoscopic surgery is done to deal with abdominal organ problems. A small equipment known as the laparoscope is used to locate and identify defective abdominal organs. Small cuts or incisions are made in the abdomen and the laparoscope is inserted through the incisions,...
- How to Prepare for Gallbladder Surgery
Laparoscopic gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly undertaken surgeries. The Gallbladder...
- Laparoscopy for Endometriosis
What is laparoscopy?Laparoscopy is a common procedure used for diagnosing and removing mild to moderate endometriosis. The surgeon puts a small viewing instrument known as laparoscope through a small abdominal cut. If more access is needed, the surgeon makes a small cut or two on the abdomen to...
- Dr. David M. Levi MD1350 S KINGS DR CHARLOTTE NC 28207
- Dr. Charles Frederick Collin M.D.1918 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Timothy S Kuwada MD1350 S KINGS DR CHARLOTTE NC 28207
- Dr. William S Miles MD1350 S KINGS DR CHARLOTTE NC 28207
- Dr. Jason S Burgess MD2001 Vail Avenue Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Thomas L Novick M.D.1918 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207