Dr. Randal O Hess M.D.
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology1900 Electric Rd Salem VA, 24153
Dr. Randal Hess practices Radiation Oncology in Salem, VA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Hess specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1996
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- DNA polymerase alpha defect in the N syndrome.
- Hereditary hypotrichosis of the scalp.
- [Infectious respiratory tract diseases in cattle in the winter of 1985/86: detection of infection by bovine respiratory syncytial virus and parainfluenza virus type 3 by immunofluorescence in nasal swab samples and by antibody titer increase in serum
- Apparent Prader-Willi phenotype in a woman with ring chromosome 9.
- Updating the N syndrome: occurrence of lymphoid malignancy and possible association with an increased rate of chromosome breakage.
- Va Commonwealth U Mcv Sch Med, Radiation Oncology; Va Commonwealth U Mcv Sch Med, Neurology; Va Commonwealth U Mcv Sch Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Randal O Hess M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Randal O Hess M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hess
- What Is Recovery Like for Radiation Therapy?
After undergoing radiation therapy, the patient will be instructed on what to do, the appointments to keep, and everything they will need to know to make a full and safe recovery. Recovery usually depends on a lot of factors, but the following are some of the important ones:...
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Financially Managing Lymphoma Care
If you are living with lymphoma, one of your main concerns may be the payment charges that seem to be piling up too quickly. It can be stressful enough living with cancer, let alone having to worry about going into debt. For this reason, it is important to become aware of the different expenses...
- Understanding Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the major treatments for any type of cancer. It is a procedure that uses high energy particles such as gamma rays, protons, electrons, x-rays, and electron beams to destroy cancer cells. Other names for radiation therapy include x-ray therapy, radiotherapy, or...
- Alternative Treatment for Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer has become a common disease in men, especially those aged from 50 years and above. Having prostate cancer comes with its own effects that no one wants to be part of. Various symptoms accompany an affected prostate gland. Such symptoms may include pain when urinating, high frequency...
- Matthew Orton M.D.1906 Belleview Ave SE Roanoke VA 24014
- Dr. Daniel Christopher Schroyer M.D.1906 Belleview Ave SE Roanoke VA 24014
- Dr. David A Buck M.D.2013 Jefferson St Sw Roanoke VA 24014
- Dr. John W Rogers M.D.1900 Electric Rd Salem VA 24153
- Dr. John Henry Heinzerling M.D.1906 Belleview Ave SE Roanoke VA 24014