Dr. Michael Kienzle is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Kienzle performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1977
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Health care providers' perceptions of telemedicine services.
- Optimizing utilization of pediatric echocardiography and implications for telemedicine.
- Tele-education in a telemedicine environment: implications for rural health care and academic medical centers.
- Pediatric tele-echocardiography: evaluation of transmission modalities.
- Coming up short: telemedicine's promise in perspective.
- Telehealth for elders and their caregivers in rural communities.
- Syncope: pursuing the common and prognostically important causes.
- Post-mortem observations of a recent radiofrequency catheter ablation site.
- Interactive video specialty consultations in long-term care.
- Nurse and patient communication via low- and high-bandwidth home telecare systems.
- Working group 6: The role of technology to enhance clinical and educational efficiency.
- Evaluation of patients with syncope. Separating the 'wheat' from the 'chaff'.
- Syncope: mechanisms and manifestations.
- Polymorphous ventricular tachycardia: a side effect of intracoronary papaverine.
- Induced sustained ventricular tachycardia in nonischemic dilated cardiomyopathy: dependence on clinical presentation and response to antiarrhythmic agents.
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania Affiliated Hospitals
- Hammersmith Hospital
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
Dr. Michael G Kienzle MD's Practice location
Dr. Michael G Kienzle MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Dr. Brian Olshansky MD250 S. Crescent Drive Mason City IA 50401
- Dr. Michael C Giudici M. D.1236 E Rusholme St Davenport IA 52803
- Dr. Luis F. Couchonnal M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Dwayne N. Campbell M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. James R Hopson MD540 E Jefferson St Iowa City IA 52245
- Dr. Prashant Dattatraya Bhave MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242