Dr. Michael Kienzle is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Kienzle performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1977
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Health care providers' perceptions of telemedicine services.
- Optimizing utilization of pediatric echocardiography and implications for telemedicine.
- Tele-education in a telemedicine environment: implications for rural health care and academic medical centers.
- Pediatric tele-echocardiography: evaluation of transmission modalities.
- Coming up short: telemedicine's promise in perspective.
- Telehealth for elders and their caregivers in rural communities.
- Syncope: pursuing the common and prognostically important causes.
- Post-mortem observations of a recent radiofrequency catheter ablation site.
- Interactive video specialty consultations in long-term care.
- Nurse and patient communication via low- and high-bandwidth home telecare systems.
- Working group 6: The role of technology to enhance clinical and educational efficiency.
- Evaluation of patients with syncope. Separating the 'wheat' from the 'chaff'.
- Syncope: mechanisms and manifestations.
- Polymorphous ventricular tachycardia: a side effect of intracoronary papaverine.
- Induced sustained ventricular tachycardia in nonischemic dilated cardiomyopathy: dependence on clinical presentation and response to antiarrhythmic agents.
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania Affiliated Hospitals
- Hammersmith Hospital
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
Michael G Kienzle MD's Practice location
Michael G Kienzle MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Brian Olshansky MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Luis F. Couchonnal M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Michael C Giudici M. D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dwayne N. Campbell M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- James R Hopson MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Bassam G. Wanna M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242